As a not-for-profit organization, Partners HealthCare is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Partners HealthCare supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Partners HealthCare is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
Partners HealthCare is transforming the way patient care is delivered through investments in data and analytics. In recent years Partners has significantly invested in data and analytic infrastructure, including an enterprise wide clinical and administrative system, an enterprise data warehouse, big data analytic capabilities, machine learning (ML) / artificial intelligence (AI) capabilities, and building out a massive bank of genetic data to drive improvements in personalized/precision medicine. To ensure maximized value from the exponentially growing data assets, robust data management and governance must be implemented across the enterprise.
We are looking for an experienced Data Steward to perform data management and governing practices for healthcare data. This role will be responsible for using and supporting data governance tools while implementing data quality standards and developing dashboards which align with the Data Governance (DG) organization and its data quality standards. By working with the stakeholders within each business area, the Data Steward will ensure data definitions and business rules are written, approved, implemented and maintained in appropriate DG tools.
While this enterprise role will support multiple data domains, we are seeking a Data Steward with an extensive understanding of data management of operational healthcare data. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of data management activities, have ability to create business rules, data definitions, data quality rules, and stewardship work flow in DG Tools.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
* Facilitate the documentation and approval of data definitions, data quality rules, data profiling and data lineage for the data domain and create a community across the enterprise.
* Drive data/metric standardization and consistent data/metric usage documentation (data dictionary, report glossary) to enable end-users improved comprehension of which metrics to use and when to use them.
* Responsible for oversight of data quality reports and dashboards that support the data domain.
* Support stakeholders in utilizing DG tools through sharing of best practices and demonstrations.
* Create and enforce DG standards for effective data management and alignment with existing corporate policies.
* Formulate data management techniques, in collaboration with Data Management Lead, to ensure stakeholders and users can find, understand and trust the data they need to do their analysis/reports.
* Communicate with executive level data owners, committees and other stakeholders on data quality measurements and plans.
* Hands-on work with Data Owners, subject matter experts, and other Data Stewards.
* Support others in the daily use of Data Governance tool(s) and ensure adherence to Data Governance and Data Quality Standards at Partners HealthCare.
* Monitor and analyze data quality dashboards and stewardship work flows to evaluate performance and determine enhancements.
* Troubleshoot Data Governance-related problems (e.g., data definition conflicts, business rules conflicts, changes in quality metrics, etc.), gain approval and escalate as necessary.
* Use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration
* Other duties as assigned.
* 3 years of experience with Data Governance/Management.
* Excellent understanding of data administration and management functions (collection, organization, analysis, distribution etc.).
* Demonstrated experience with modern data management tools (e.g. Informatica, Collibra, Trillium, etc.).
* Experience with healthcare data.
* Experience with HIPAA rules and regulations.
* Able to read and digest legal language and determine operational implications.
* Experience understanding technical specification documentation.
* Basic understanding of data structure, integration and relational database design.
* Able to quickly adapt and learn in an ever-changing technical, contractual, and regulatory environment.
* Prior experience developing and implementing data governance policies and procedures.
* Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word etc.).
* Bachelor's degree or combination of equivalent education and work experience.
* Excellent stakeholder-facing and internal communication skills.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to execute multiple tasks efficiently and effectively.
* Self-motivated, independent and possesses the ability to learn quickly.
* Analytical mindset with strong problem-solving skills.
* Ability to build consensus across teams, with staff and leadership.
* Ability to successfully negotiate and collaborate with others of different skillsets, backgrounds and levels within the organization.
* Ability to effectively conduct meetings, both formal and informal.
* Requires minimal direction from leadership.
About Partners HealthCare
Partners HealthCare is a not-for-profit health care system that is committed to patient care, research, teaching, and service.