As a not-for-profit organization, Partners HealthCare is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Partners HealthCare supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Partners HealthCare is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
General Summary/Overview Statement:
The Health Innovation Platform (HIP) team at Partners HealthCare is creating technology solutions focused on fundamentally accelerating the rate of clinical innovation in healthcare. We have already worked with clinicians to redefine platelet and heart failure management processes and are now expanding to new areas. Our team joins forces with clinical leaders to determine how entire patient care workflows can be rebuilt to better gather, analyze and react to patient data. We strongly believe, and are intent on collecting data to prove, that it is possible to deploy algorithmically enhanced care to produce better outcomes and reduce cost while improving patient and clinician experiences.
In pursuit of this opportunity, our expanding team is tackling some of the largest challenges in healthcare IT - integrating genetic and other new data sources into clinical workflows, deploying complex analytics-aware infrastructure into mission critical clinical environments, and democratizing healthcare IT. This position offers an opportunity to join our team at an early stage.
More specifically, the projects we undertake are initiated by clinicians across our healthcare system who identify ways in which care delivery could be improved through process change that requires digital interventions. The required functionality often involves bringing together disparate data and applying improved analytics - which in turn requires building highly cross functional teams combining a wide range of types of expertise. Effectively, they need "apps" to provide the support and leverage required to rebuild legacy pathways, validate their safety and effectiveness and then transition the healthcare system to the reimagined processes. This type of support is expensive to create. The HIP team is focused on addressing this challenge too. The team is creating a platform to simplify the development of evolved IT support in the healthcare setting. Consistent with our values, we will open source this platform once it is complete. The platform will increase our development speed thereby bringing benefits to patients in need faster and less expensively than would otherwise be possible.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
We are seeking a talented and experienced Scrum Master. The Scrum Master will collaborate with clinicians, other Partners departments, and outside collaborators to create new solutions as part of building applications transforming care in clinical areas such as cardiology and pathology.
We are looking for an individual that will thrive as a member of an experienced, high performing and highly motivated team. A desire and ability to take ownership of complex projects and drive them to completion is required. This position offers the exciting opportunity to make a meaningful contribution to the revolution in healthcare IT.
* Coordinate, educate and coach local and off-shore teams on how to use agile methodology, scrum practices and values to deliver software. Promote agile methodology and adherence to Scrum to enhance team performance.
* Manage and maintain software development organizational tools for case tracking, bug tracking, schedules, etc. (ex. JIRA)
* Facilitate team self-organization and remove impediments facing the team. Manage issues and escalate to technical managers and peers as needed to resolve project, design, and/or production issues.
* Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution. Facilitate team/project meetings; actively participate in project/team meetings.
* Facilitate and document scrum ceremonies including stand-ups, story grooming, sprint planning, and sprint retrospectives.
* Assist Product Management team with reporting, preparation of presentation materials, project coordination, backlog management and resource planning.
* Assess the Scrum Maturity of the team and coach the team to higher levels of maturity at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team.
* Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving.
* Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency and radiating information. Communicate project status, system issues and accomplishments to peers and management.
* Provide all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example.
* Evaluate and recommend new processes and methodologies to assist in meeting business requirements and supporting the development team; contribute to the development and advancement of new processes, concepts and strategies to enhance the services provided by the team.
* Function as both an individual contributor and team player.
* Coordinate agendas, meeting scheduling and other administrative functions for the HIP Team.
* Perform other duties and special project as assigned - duties may change as team evolves.
* Bachelor's degree required.
* 1-3 years of relevant experience with computer systems or healthcare required. Experience with healthcare IT preferred.
* 2-3 years of experience as a Scrum Master and certification (CSM, CSP) preferred.
* Prior experience working with multiple scrum teams across multiple projects is a plus.
* Working proficiency of software team management philosophies (e.g. Agile, Scrum) and various development support tools (e.g., JIRA, Trello, Confluence, etc.) is preferred.
* Experience working independently, as well as in a team-oriented collaborative environment
* Strong PC skills required with knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and PowerPoint preferred.
* Excellent project management skills (ability to multitask and prioritize work requirements) with a strong commitment to customer service and attention to detail.
* Excellent analytical, creative decision making and problem-solving skills.
* Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with cross functional teams, including staff at all levels of the organization including both technical and non-technical personnel. Must be able to build and manage relationships with all involved, managing expectations at all levels.
* Strong customer service skills and commitment to delivering excellent customer service.
* Ability to successfully negotiate and collaborate with others of different skill sets, backgrounds and levels within the organization.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to relay technical information in understandable terms to end-users is essential.
* Ability to manage workload to consistently meet deadlines in a fast paced and changing environment with multiple competing tasks.
* Ability to be flexible, versatile and adaptable with day-to-day activities and changing priorities.
* Ability to identify, triage, action plan, and resolve or dispatch issues.
* Persuasive, adaptable, encouraging, and motivating.
* An independent learner and self-starter.
* An eye for detail but able to see the big picture.
* Standard office environment with possible local travel to Partners sites.
* Non-standard work hours may be required as business needs dictate.
About Partners HealthCare
Partners HealthCare is a not-for-profit health care system that is committed to patient care, research, teaching, and service.