As a not-for-profit organization, Partners HealthCare is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Partners HealthCare supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Partners HealthCare is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
General Summary Overview Statement:
Under the direction of the Manager of Partners HealthCare (PHS) Telecommunications Project Management Group, the Voice Communications Analyst II is responsible for the project management and development of project plans for the implementation multiple, simultaneous, small to medium scale projects IS Voice-Data Telecommunication projects at Brigham & Women's Hospital (BWH), Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH), PHS and affiliate sites. S/he will conduct internal and external research for voice and data technologies, and use Partners standard project management methodologies for project planning and submitting status reports to management
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assume total project oversight and responsibility for small to medium PHS corporate level projects.
2. Act as a technical liaison between the BWH/MGH/PHS Telecom Departments and other departmental contacts. Research, advise, and recommend technical solutions based upon customers' requirements. Publish, solicit and evaluate project-related bids for voice-data equipment, infrastructure, network and services.
3. Create and manage Microsoft project plans to ensure resources, dependencies, timelines, schedules, and completion dates are not compromised. Complete and distribute the finalized Real Estate/Information Systems Budget Planning form containing the voice-data costs. Clearly identify assumptions used for estimated budgetary costs, including preliminary port size for voice-data equipment and infrastructure configuration bid. Track and validate revisions to project configuration, submit for approval of job change orders, and validate accuracy of invoices received for payment.
4. Project manage BWH/MGH/PHS and affiliate voice/data project team members including Network Engineering, Network Services, Real Estate, and Facilities, outside vendors, carriers, and consultants. Ensure completion of project implementation requirements to meet the Electronic Industries Alliance/Telecommunication Industries Association and PHS cabling and vendor environmental specification requirements for equipment space and location, HVAC, electrical, grounding, etc. Work in close collaboration with PC deployment, Epic, Audio Visual teams and other departments to coordinate their timeline for implementation.
5. Collaborate with Manager of Telecommunications Project Management, outside vendors, contractors and consultants on projects of small to medium complexity such as occupancy of new sites and new voice-data telecom systems with Cisco VoIP.
6. Attend project meetings, including weekly staff and vendor support meetings to articulate project status updates. Request and solicit team member feedback on project concerns or potential issues.
7. Direct project and workgroup meetings, document and track action items until project completion.
8. Follow Partners project standard project management methodologies, create and maintain detailed project plans, coordinate project team staffing and communicate project status reports as required to ITS management.
9. Follow established Hospital CRM (Crisis Resource Manual), JCO (Joint Commission Organization) and Safety Procedures and maintains BWH/MGH telecom procedure updates.
10. Use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
11. Occasional after hours or weekend work to perform tasks that cannot be done during business hours.
12. Assist Project Specialist and Sr. Project Specialist with other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
* 5 years of related experience required, including 3 years of project management experience.
* Proven success in managing medium size telecommunications, networking or VoIP communications projects.
* Must have experience using Pinnacle and Service Now applications.
* Preferred technical knowledge and experience with Cisco VoIP Call Manager, ICCP, UCCE, UCCZ, Unity Mail and IVR.
* Solid understanding of the TDM & VoIP systems including administration of phones, voicemail and voice routing.
* Knowledge of Windows 2007, Word, Excel, Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Visio, CAD, etc.
Competencies in the following:
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with diverse, cross functional teams including staff at all levels of the organization including both technical and non-technical personnel.
* Ability to successfully negotiate and collaborate with others of different skill sets, backgrounds and levels within and external to the organization.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to proactively provide status updates to management, project team members, departmental representatives, outside vendors and consults as required.
* Must be a motivated, self-starter, with the ability to present technical ideas and solutions clearly and concisely.
* Working knowledge of how to create a project plan and project management methodology.
* Ability to multi-task and manage multiple customer priorities at a given time.
* Ability to lead and direct project team members, and work with designated support groups as needed.
* Ability to work independently with general supervision.
* Basic understanding of how to read floor plans.
No supervisory responsibilities
Responsible for project managing on-site contractors and technicians as required.
About Partners HealthCare
Partners HealthCare is a not-for-profit health care system that is committed to patient care, research, teaching, and service.