The PACS Administrator, reporting to the Team Lead of Downstream Application Operations, is responsible for the maintenance and oversight of the computer technology systems utilized by the NSMC Radiology staff, to include but not limited to the administration of the picture archiving and communications system (McKesson PACS), attached modalities, CRA RiskApps, Radimetrics dose reporting, Mobile Aspects RFID tracking, PowerScribe 360 voice dictation, Lexmark Modlink, and additional ancillary information systems as relevant to NSMC sites: Salem, Union, MGH Danvers and satellite imaging centers. The PACS Administrator serves as a liaison between NSMC and PHS IS departments and the NSMC Radiology service line for the purposes of assuring the computer technology systems operate efficiently with minimal disruption to operations. The incumbent will have both on-site and off-site responsibilities as part of an on-call rotation to respond to, translate, communicate and escalate (when appropriate) any technology failures related to the Radiology service line computer applications. Likewise, the PACS Administrator serves as an educational resource to NSMC Radiology service line personnel communicating any new changes to existing computer technology systems as a result of new build/enhancement/upgrades, feedback from staff, and/or a reported patient safety event.
* Required: Strong analytical & communication skills; proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office 365 suite (Word, Excel, Skype, Powerpoint), Access and Visio; confidence when intervening with professionals & non-professionals; ability to anticipate and assess teaching needs of all Radiology personnel as they relate to computer system technology. Knowledge of DICOM, TCP/IP.
* Preferred: Knowledge of HL7 and XDS-I
* Required: Minimum of 2 years experience working in a clinical environment.
* Preferred: Background in Radiology computer system technology, particularly McKesson PACS installations.
* Required: Bachelor's degree or 4 years experience working within a clinical Radiology or IS department
* Preferred: Additional degree related to computer science or systems technology preferred; or considerable related experience required.
Licensure, Certifications, or Registration:
* Preferred: CIIP, CPSA, CPAS, CDIP, RT
About Partners Healthcare
Partners HealthCare is a not-for-profit health care system that is committed to patient care, research, teaching, and service.