Using state-of-the-art machine learning and big data techniques, GumGum enables highly impactful digital advertising campaigns with contextual understanding. At a scale of millions of pages per day and billions of interactions per day, we leverage computer vision and natural language processing to deliver the most intelligent and intuitive digital ad placements in-market today. You will work directly with bleeding edge technologies in a highly scalable, cloud-based environment. Our mission is to innovate and apply technology in order to extract the deepest possible insights from digital content and empower our customers with artificial intelligence.
Our Advertising Applications team is responsible for all Advertising based web applications, used by both internal and external users. GumGum is looking for an Engineering Manager to manage the team as well as contribute to the team's product codebases. You'll have a real impact as you work on apps used every day across our company, and you'll be part of a team that prioritizes skill sharing and learning. Our team currently uses technologies such as React and Redux, along with Java and Kotlin for our API.
* Manage a diverse team of engineers, both remote and in our Santa Monica office, who work on both backend and frontend components of our applications.
* Conduct 1-1s, performance reviews, documentation, and hiring. Evolve our hiring process, on boarding and training, and leveling up guide.
* Encourage technical and professional development, and for team members to write blog posts, give presentations, and talk about GumGum's technology outside of GumGum.
* Advocate for and grow our team's processes and best practices.
* Collaborate with Product and stakeholders to identify, prioritize and develop new features and improvements for our products, as well as provide support for any stakeholder issues. Own team's products fully and ensure priorities are met by their deadlines.
* Work with other Engineering teams, ensuring requirements are considered and met for cross team projects.
* Lead team with overall technical design and scope, conduct code reviews, and be an active contributor to our codebases. This particular role is focused more on the front end side, but an interest in backend/Java is a plus!
* 1+ years of people managing a technology team, either as a Technical Lead or Engineering Manager
* Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams
* A history of successfully shipping products into production
* Organized, self-starter with proactive attitude
* Experience coaching and mentoring team members
Benefits and Perks
* Unlimited Vacation
* Stock Options
* 401K Matching
* Strong health, vision and dental benefits
* Paid Parental leave
* Fitness reimbursement and wellness workshops
* Discounted Pet Health Program
* Ongoing learning and development, including a yearly budget for education opportunities such as websites, books, classes, etc.
* Yearly budget to attend relevant conferences and events
* Side projects and yearly Hackathon
* Highly encouraged to contribute to open source software including some software GumGum has open sourced
* Environment of learning from peers, including meetups, presentations and blog posts
* Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
* Incredible work/life balance with a collaborative and friendly work space
* GumGum Gives Back volunteering opportunities
* Team building events and monthly happy hours and celebrations
* Stocked kitchen
GumGum delivers digital advertising inline with images and content, creating high engagement for brands and new revenue for publishers.