Senior DevOps Engineer
GumGum leverages Machine Learning and AI to unlock the potential of online content. Our engineers continue to push the envelope using bleeding-edge technology including Spark, Tensorflow, Keras, Python, Java, Cassandra, Express, React, and Node.
We are looking for DevOps Engineer with 5+ years of experience who will be responsible for designing and building our always-evolving cloud infrastructure. You will be writing infrastructure-as-code, improving system monitoring, building POCs to test the limits of new tech, enforcing security best practices and influence designs for systems that serve >20 million RPM and produce over 50TB of data per day. You will be working extensively in AWS, Terraform, Docker and Kubernetes. You will be responsible for training and mentoring, always being on the front lines and should be able to make data-driven decisions and recommendations to improve our highly distributed systems.
* Maximize the growth of our junior and intermediate engineers via mentorship
* Suggest new tools or patterns to better maintain the health, stability and security of our high-traffic production and dev environments
* Support, detect and triage production problems
* Develop, enforce and inform best practices for writing infrastructure-as-code (IaC) and performing application deployments in a safe, zero-downtime manner
* Automate the provisioning of all Amazon Web Services resources and services
* Lead POCs to certify and test the capabilities of emerging technologies
* Ensure high reliability and availability of our auto-scaled "Big Data" systems
* Create and maintain monitoring solutions and instrument applications to provide insights into application performance and to understand emerging issues
* Continually identify and methodically improve cloud infrastructure for all systems through best practices and continuous process improvements
* Propose solutions for cost reduction
* Work with AWS (EC2, ECS, EKS, RDS, ElastiCache, VPC, Route53, CloudFront, CloudWatch), Terraform, Kubernetes, Ubuntu, Docker, Ansible, Packer, Git, Jenkins, Drone CI, Apache Cassandra, Kafka, Druid, Storm, Tomcat, Nginx, MySQL, Prometheus, Grafana, OpenVPN
* Proven track record (minimum 5+ years experience) supporting a 24x7 production environment with scale in the hundreds of nodes
* 3+ years of DevOps experience
* 2+ years of experience with AWS
* 2+ years of experience writing in languages such as Python, Go or similar
* 1+ years of experience with Kubernetes
* Thorough understanding of Infrastructure Engineering technologies such as AWS VPC networking, TCP/IP, NAT, firewalling, VPN, cloud-based load balancers, storage, monitoring, security best practices, etc.
* Linux administration fundamentals (Ubuntu, Redhat, Amazon Linux)
* Experience deploying, managing, measuring and tuning Big Data systems (Apache Cassandra, Kafka, Druid, Storm, etc)
* Strong scripting experience - you are a bash command line expert and are comfortable writing scripts that utilize the AWS API (like Python w/boto3)
* Able to design and setup complex CI and CD workflows (Jenkins/Jenkinsfiles, Drone CI, GitLab CI, Spinnaker, AWS CodeDeploy)
* Evidence of continued learning
* Enthusiasm for exploring new technologies
* Very strong problem solving and communications skills
* Humble, intelligent & positive attitude
* Talented, energetic teammates
* Fun work environment
* Gym reimbursement
* On-call remuneration
* Monthly happy-hours
* Ongoing learning and development initiatives
* Stock options, 401k matching, great employer-paid medical/dental plans
* Unlimited vacation policy
* Very generous parental leave policy with full wage reimbursement
* Located in a hotbed of tech startups blocks from the beach!
GumGum delivers digital advertising inline with images and content, creating high engagement for brands and new revenue for publishers.