GumGum's Engineering team presides over an ad server that produces over 50 TB of new raw data and 100 billion events every day. Our engineers harness this vast system to provide granular ad reporting data to our internal teams and external customers. In order to help our company succeed, they write scalable, fault-tolerant code under tight deadlines.
GumGum leverages Machine Learning and AI to unlock the potential of online content. Our engineer continue to push the envelope using bleeding-edge technology including Spark, Tensorflow, Keras, Python, Java, MongoDB, Express, React, and Node.
GumGum is looking for DevOps Engineer with 3-5 years of experience who will be responsible for building and maintaining GumGum cloud infrastructure. You will be maintaining an active CI environment , writing configuration management code, enforcing security best practices and help support our systems that operate at Web-scale. . You will be working with AWS, Ansible, Terraform and Docker. You will be responsible for training and mentoring, always being on the front lines and pushing through rigorous testing, while tracking key metrics.
* Maintain the health, stability and security of our high-traffic, Web-scale production environments
* Support and troubleshoot production problems
* Develop and enforce best practices in configuration management and application deployment
* Configure and automate Amazon Web Services instances and services
* Create and maintain monitoring solutions and instrument application to provide insights into application performance and understand emerging issues
* Ensure high reliability and adequate capacity on distributed "Big Data" and auto-scaled systems
* Continually, identify, plan and methodically improve Infrastructure systems, practices and processes
* Work with AWS, ECS, Kubernetes, Ubuntu 16/18, Ansible, Docker, Git, Apache Cassandra, Kafka, Druid, Storm, Tomcat, ElasticSearch, Nginx, MySQL, logz.io (ELK),, Prometheus, Pritunl, Terraform
* Proven track record (minimum 5+ years experience) supporting a 24x7 production environment with scale in the hundreds of nodes
* 1+ years of experience with Kubernetes
* 2+ years of experience with AWS
* 3+ years of DevOps experience
* 1+ years of experience writing in languages such as Python, Go or similar
* Thorough understanding of and hands on experience with Infrastructure Engineering technologies (AWS networking VPC, NAT, firewalls, load balancers, storage, monitoring, security, VPN etc.)
* Solid foundation of Linux administration (Ubuntu, Redhat, Amazon Linux)
* Some experience with deploying, managing and tuning Big Data systems (Apache Cassandra, Kafka, Druid, Storm, Elasticsearch, etc) will be preferred
* Strong experience in Object Oriented scripting for the AWS API
* Strong Linux bash scripting experience - command line expert
* Strong experience with setting up complex CI and CD workflows (Jenkins/Jenkinsfiles, Drone CI, AWS CodeDeploy, GitLab CI, Spinnaker)
* Evidence of continued learning
* Enthusiasm for exploring new technologies
* Strong problem solving skills
* Strong communications skills and a "customer service attitude"
* Humble, intelligent, & positive attitude
* Talented, energetic teammates
* Fun work environment
* Gym reimbursement
* Additional On Call Remuneration
* Monthly happy-hours
* Ongoing learning and development
* Stock options, 401k, with matching, great medical/dental plans
* Unlimited vacation policy
* Located in hotbed of tech startups blocks from the beach!
GumGum delivers digital advertising inline with images and content, creating high engagement for brands and new revenue for publishers.