The System Design Engineer's role is to design, validate and deploy technical solutions to maintain, enhance, and evolve the T-Mobile Network and Systems. Specific tasks may include the development and maintenance of designs for the network, applications, data centers, connectivity, validation plans, monitoring systems, reporting systems and engineering tools. The priority of these designs is to maximize reliability, performance, and efficiency while limiting costs and time to market. Responsibilities may include the evaluation and translation of requirements into design, evaluate design benefits and tradeoffs, validate design compliance and support deployment of the design to ensure the requirements were met. Development of tools may be required in order to most efficiently solve technical or business challenges including technology evolution, capacity management, and performance optimization. Technical documentation and presentation skills are required in order to convey design benefits to a wide range of audiences. Works on technical assignments that are semi routine in nature but recognizes that need for occasional deviation from accepted practice. Normally follows established procedures on routine work, requires instructions only on new assignments.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comQualifications
* 2+ Years Technical engineering experience
* Focus: Able to communicate goals in support of the business' mission.
* Drive: Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure
* Teamwork: Ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team.
* Communication: The ability to ensure that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed. Express oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others. Clear business and technical writing skills.
* Customer Focus: The ability to demonstrate concern and meet external and/or internal customers' needs.
* Analytical: The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
* Technical Expertise: The ability to demonstrate depth of knowledge and skill in a technical
* Knowledge and experience with leveraging PowerApps to automate workflow Management, Power BI for custom reporting and analytics.
* Knowledge and or experience with IP network design experience
* Knowledge and or experience with scripting with Python preferred.
* Knowledge and or experience with software defined networks and orchestration. Preferred experience with Cisco Network Services Orchestrator (NSO) and or Red Hat Ansible.
* Knowledge and or experience with OpenStack and virtualized network functions
* Some knowledge and or experience with firewall and load balancing technologies.
* Bachelors Degree. Engineering/Computer Science
* Technical Engineering Services: Experience in developing and growing tools that remove the administration burden from engineers and offer a smooth overall automated solution for connectivity and enabling of key services.
* Technical System Expertise: Understands system protocols, how systems operate and data flows. Aware of current technology benefits. Expected to independently complete appropriate network designs. Understands the building blocks, interactions, dependencies, and tools required to complete design work. Independent study of current technology is expected.
* Technical Engineering Services: Supports engineering projects by active contribution to the application of engineering techniques; conducting tests and inspections; preparing reports and calculations. Expected to supervise associate engineers on occasion. Contributes to procedures and processes to validate and enhance and optimize network. Performs validation tests and inspection techniques and effectively documents results.
* Innovation: Presents new ideas which improve an existing system/process/service. Question and express new perspectives based on independent study of the industry trends and benefits. Review current company processes, highlight questions, and review with mentors to explore process refinement.
* Technical Writing: Maintains knowledge of existing technology documents. Writes basic documentation on how technology works. Contributes clear documentation on systems used. Able to document systems designs and business requirements. Provides technical data for incorporation into internal presentations.
* Technical Leadership: Collaborates with technical teams and utilizes system expertise to deliver technical solutions. Continuously learns new technologies.
* Technology Strategy: Understands current technology that supports business goals.
* Supplemental Region/Market Functions: Strategic end to end dimensioning, planning and performance of the network. Development of optimization features and processes. Provides capacity plans and performance reports. Provides regular performance reports for nodes, interfaces, and services across. Supports performance related lab and FOA activities.
* Systems Engineering and design of T-Mobile's Network. Feasibility analysis of new technologies, products, features, and services. In depth analysis (both fiscal and technical) and design of new features and technologies. Development and deployment of network technology software/automation reporting and tools to meet internal customer and business requirements. Collect, process and evaluate market/regional analytics to identify further business CAPEX spend and OPEX Savings.
About T-Mobile USA
T-Mobile USA provides wireless solutions.