How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you're an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes * Career & Development Opportunities * Full-time * Entry, Mid, Senior
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
This position supports Raytheon's DOMino contract, a single-award IDIQ worth over $1 billion. This contract delivers full lifecycle development and sustainment for the Department of Homeland Security's (DHS) National Cybersecurity Protection System (NCPS). The NCPS assists more than 100 federal civilian government agencies with the protection of their networks against advanced cyber threats. Under this contract, Raytheon will support the government in the design, development, operations and maintenance services for the NCPS. Raytheon will build the mission critical cybersecurity solutions that will enable the timely dissemination of threat warnings and improve information sharing across DHS's stakeholder community.
This End User Support Manager will provide quality and professional support to office and field-based users. This position is responsible for receiving and responding to issues assigned via the support request ticketing system. This position will also deploy and troubleshoot desktops, laptops, operating systems, and applications supported by the Information Technology Team.
* Managing information technology staff by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching and counseling employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures. * Selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe and secure work environment; developing personal growth opportunities. * Maintaining the organization's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies.
* A current Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility. Must be able to obtain DHS suitability prior to starting employment. * 6+ years related experience supporting Tier 2 Helpdesk services * Experience with Windows OS (Win 7 - Win10) * Experience with Microsoft Exchange 2010 and Microsoft Office 2010 applications * Good working knowledge of network technologies * Well verse in Active Directory on creating accounts, joining computers to the domain, creating printer's queues, creating Exchange mailboxes, distribution lists, security groups, and external contacts * Familiar with identifying and resolving basic network issues pertaining to computer connectivity on the network * Hands-on troubleshooting experience within a LAN/WAN environment * Good interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members * Good communication skills to work effectively with team members, support personnel, and clients * Ability to work as part of team or independently
* Experience working with Altiris and/or HP Openview
Required Education (including Major):
* Six (6) or more years of Systems Administration/Engineering experience with a Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or related degree OR Master's degree with 4 years of related experience. * Professional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
This position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 142077BR 142077
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Top Secret - Current
Computer/Management Information Systems
Type Of Job
VA - Arlington
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.