This position requires an individual to have broad domain knowledge in System Engineering principles including requirement development, electro-optic performance analysis and fundamental program management skills. The Manager of the Advanced Surveillance and Targeting Sensors Section performs direct line management activities for 10 - 20 engineers. These activities include hiring, training coordination, performance management, career development, and resource management. The Section Manager will ensure two-way communications for section members; serve as a day-to-day liaison to the program concerning employee job assignments, performance, and recognition. Responsibilities also include coordinating program staffing needs and reductions, optimizing resource utilization and interviewing and hiring applicants. In addition, the Section Manager will team with the Department Manager in the execution of the Center and SAS Engineering goals, and will be expected to actively participate in Department and Center level meetings.
The Section Manager of the Advanced Surveillance and Targeting Sensors Section will also be expected to contribute both to the technical and cost proposals in support of our growth initiatives in advanced electro-optical sensing systems. Responsibilities include IPTL roles on EO programs, broad oversight and review in the opto-mechanical engineering and packaging of passive and active sensing systems. This position will also provide support of new business development, including development of system conceptual designs, and generation of white papers. The individual also provides technical review and guidance of the technical content of all work products generated by this team. The candidate must have a strong leadership and design background. The location for this position is in McKinney, TX.
* Minimum 10 years of experience in systems engineering related to electro-optical sensors for airborne or space based payloads
* Minimum 5 years of experience with infrared imaging technologies and/or laser imaging technologies
* Experience with DOORs, SysML, Matlab, MathCAD, ModelSim, or other computer aided engineering tools
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. DoD Secret Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
* Strong written and oral communication skills, strong judgment and decision making abilities
* Excellent presentation preparation and delivery skills
* Able to effectively juggle multiple tasks and priorities
* Domain knowledge in active, passive EO/IR Sensors including LADAR, Lidar, High Energy Lasers, Hyperspectral, polarimetric and other similar remote sensing instruments.
* Strong track record of performing tasks independently and within schedule and budget- Experience leading multi-discipline teams.
* Technical publications or patents in the areas listed above
* Experience performing functional management activities including staffing, conducting performance reviews and career discussions, participating in compensation discussions, and flowing communications/information from higher levels down to section members.
* Bachelor's of Science degree (B.S.) in Math, Science or Engineering discipline
* Masters degree in Systems Engineering
143678BR 143678 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Integration & Test Engineering
Type Of Job
TX - McKinney
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.