How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you're an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Raytheon's vision is "One global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place"; our core values embody trust, respect, collaboration, innovation, and accountability. We develop some of the most cutting-edge solutions in the world for markets and customers all over the globe. We are extremely committed to diversity and we're looking for ideas from every area of industry, including computer science, electrical engineering, business administration, systems engineering, networking, security, data analytics, and more. We've consistently repeatedly been awarded with numerous awards such as ENERGY STAR© Sustained Excellence Award, 100 Best Corporate Citizens, Top Green IT Organizations, BEST Workplaces for Commuters, "Best Place to Work" by Human Rights Campaign, and Best Places to Work in IT (just to name a few). To quote our Raytheon Chairman and CEO, Thomas A. Kennedy: "Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."
Join the Raytheon team today and put your mark on history to "make the world a safer place".
This is an IT position supporting the Raytheon engineering community, working with a larger IT program support team in a dynamic multi-platform, multi-disciplined environment. The candidate is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related Windows and Linux infrastructure for the classified programs. Duties include, but are not limited to providing computing support to classified programs in Windows and Linux desktop and server environments; troubleshooting and fixing incidents related to engineering software and hardware; and assisting in designing, implementing, and supporting Linux and Windows environments with emphasis on supporting Linux platforms.
Though this position is with a larger IT team, the candidate is expected to work well on his or her own with only general direction. The candidate is expected to be self-directed, able to multi-task and prioritize work, possess excellent problem solving skills, have strong written and verbal communication skills, is customer focused, and organized. In addition to the hard skills for supporting a technical environment, experience with an IT incident/service request system and strong customer interaction skills with users of all levels are required. The candidate would be expected to lead and participate on projects focused on the smooth transition of projects to production by performing operational activities within the project life-cycle.
The candidate's roles and responsibilities include:
* Develop infrastructure and service management concept of operations
* Develop and maintain automation capabilities to streamline and secure technical processes
* Develop and maintain disaster recovery plans
* Plan for capacity and monitor performance and service availability
* Administer backups and diagnose backup errors
* Maintain strict access control to all networks and IT infrastructures
* Partner with application/project/security teams and vendors to plan, design, and implement new IT infrastructure
* Manage client agents for server monitoring as well as agents for server management
* Proactively management of infrastructure to help maintain a healthy environment
* Provide technical leadership and mentorship to 1st and 2nd level system administrators
* Maintain infrastructure security standards for all systems & employ security hardening techniques
* Create and maintains technical and detailed design documentation
* Minimum of 4 years' experience with the following:
* Expertise with Window 2012 Servers, Active Directory and Group Policy
* Network and infrastructure services such as domain controllers, global catalogs, DNS, and DHCP
* Expertise with RMF Non tailorable controls such as installing MBAM and Bitlocker, Roll based access controls and Life cycle management
* Expertise in supporting ground shifts on the RMT
* Expertise with TSPS 1.0 and 2.0 GPO settings
* Expertise with Installing and configuring various engineering applications such as Matlab, Greenhill, Subversion, Tornado
* Expertise with Backupexec Infrastructure backup, restore, disaster recovery and business continuity
* Expertise with KMS, MDT, and WSUS
* Windows desktop systems Windows 10 and 7
* VMware VSphere (ESXi, vCenter, etc)
* Systems deployment, administration, performance tuning, and monitoring
* CompTIA Security+ certification
* Active DoD Secret security clearance
* Critical thinking - ability to solve technical problems independently and with collaborative teams
* Proven understanding of datacenter concepts and technologies
* Ability to effectively provide direction for a multi-disciplined IT team to product infrastructure solutions for large-scale, complex systems
* Effective written and interpersonal communication
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
* Experience with the following Microsoft technologies:
* SCCM, Exchange and Lync
* Familiarity with Splunk & Centrify products
Minimum Education Required: Bachelor's Degree in the STEM field 142814
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Computer/Management Information Systems
Information and Knowledge Systems
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a technology company, which specializes in defense and other government markets.