What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you're a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior level
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
The Life Cycle Engineering (LCE) Department is made up of several disciplines whose main objective is to influence hardware and systems throughout their life cycle to ensure effective operation, reliability, maintainability and economical ownership by the customer and end user. We have an immediate need for and seeking a FSR with experience in one or more of the LCE disciplines to be a member of a team comprised of Field Service Engineers, Integrated Logistics Support and Repair Administration.
Candidate will be an integral part of the LCE team as a FSR, supporting the RSS Other LSRS - Advanced Sensor program. This position will be Home based in North Texas Dallas area.
The individual will be a member of a Field Team that will interface with product users to provide long-term technical field support for complex electronic and electro-mechanical radar systems. Candidate will perform corrective and preventative maintenance, hardware and software installations, and troubleshooting on assigned system hardware, tools and support equipment. Duties consist of execution of diagnostic software and removal and replacement of circuit boards, chassis, and other miscellaneous equipment. System level training will be provided and the contents of the training material will be used in conjunction with the diagnostic software to troubleshoot most system problems.
The individual will conduct the following tasks, as necessary:
* The individual will conduct the following tasks, as necessary:
* Support field activities to ensure compliance with customer and internal requirements in concert with best engineering practices
* Participate in daily reviews with customers
* Perform administrative tasks necessary in day-to-day operation of a repair facility
* Utilize knowledge gained from the training and through field experiences to provide onsite technical support and assistance directly to customers
* Communicate technical information effectively in writing as well as verbally
* Possess the ability to efficiently create and maintain documentation using Office products (Word and PowerPoint),
* Perform basic UNIX commands and interpret results as part of the maintenance process
* Coordinate with the home office as require to troubleshoot problems and perform necessary repairs
* Minimum 4 years of related experience
* Experience in repair and maintenance of complex electronic systems
* Experience supporting military or industry electro-mechanical products
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
* Experience in system integration, logistics processes, and logistics procedures
* Experience working across multiple organizational levels
* Ability to travel to Danger Pay Posts (as defined by the US Department of State) and or other International locations if required.
* Minimum Physical Requirements: Ability to lift, bend, and move through a normal range of motion to perform maintenance actions including lifting, holding, and maneuvering items weighing in excess of 40 lbs on a routine basis
* Ability to work independently and to deliver accurate documentation under deadline pressures
* Good attention to detail
* Ability to function well in a high pressure multi-tasking environment
* Active Top Secret Clearance required day 1 AND role requires access to US only data
* Ability to obtain SAP/SAR program clearance
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
* Familiarity with US Military maintenance practices and NAVAIR 4790
* Military avionics and electronics training
* Airborne radar system experience
* Experience navigating and executing commands within a UNIX environment
* Excellent technical writing, oral communication, and inter-personal skills to achieve technical objectives
* Familiarity with Maintenance Management Information Systems, and integrated Logistics support software system.
* Good technical writing, oral communication, and inter-personal skills to achieve technical objectives
* Bachelor's Degree in Logistics, Electronics, Computer Science, or related technical field NOTE: In lieu of Bachelor's degree, candidate may also possess an Associate's degree with 8 years' related experience OR High school Diploma with 12 years' of related experience.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Top Secret - Current
Type Of Job
TX - Dallas
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.