The Payer, Pharmacy and Organized Customer Products and Solutions team is responsible for creating and launching digital products, services, technologies, and experiences to engage Payers, Pharmacies, Hospitals and other organized customers to increase and enhance patient value, access, and outcomes.
The Payer, Pharmacy and Organized Customer solutions team is driven to find innovative and efficient ways to engage these customers to ensure they have access to the information and tools needed for a strong partnership with Pfizer. The team will be delivering leading edge, cloud native solutions across web, mobile and EMR/EHR systems with lots of opportunities to build exciting new tools and capabilities that change the way we interact with some of our key customers.
The Project Lead role is responsible for leading delivery of all customer facing digital projects that fall outside existing product and solution teams. It is expected that this team will be able to scale based on demand and it will be the role of the team lead to ensure the team is positioned to do this effectively.
This role requires strong cross-functional leadership and collaboration with client partners, product managers, DSE and other internal and external organizations and stakeholders required to deliver innovative and game-changing solutions for Pfizer's Payer and B2B customers. It will also require a strong desire for continuous learning to stay current with the rapidly evolving technology landscape.
* Lead strategic direction and delivery accountability for all projects across the portfolio in this area, globally.
* Responsible for managing intake and estimation for the projects team
* Oversees and manages people, technological and financial resources while leveraging deep technical and functional expertise for all products and relevant solution areas within D&T and manages\utilizes significant D&T and Business Unit resources outside of direct authority globally.
* Develops solutions to highly complex and unique problems in the Payer, Pharmacy and Organized Customer space, often outside their area of expertise, both as an individual and as a member of a leadership team and is accountable for decisions within the D&T Business Unit and the global Digital Solutions Enablement Division.
* Responsible to anticipate, oversee and influence an environment of continuous improvement and innovation while continuously delivering highly complex solutions in this project function. Also, accountable to influence areas outside their own expertise, as an individual and as a member of a leadership team and is accountable for decisions within Division or Global Business Unit.
* Encourages acceptable levels of risk-taking towards driving innovation in these relatively young spaces determining acceptable levels of risk and\or business opportunity for our Global Business Unit and Pfizer as a company.
* Is responsible for delivering a cross functionally developed technical talent base and for anticipating/preparing for the longer-term development needs within the products and solutions space.
* Partners with customers, Business Partner teams, Technical Product Owners and/or organizational leadership to accomplish Global Business Unit and Enterprise-wide objectives. Influences senior management decisions that have an impact on business direction within this customer type.
* Clearly and regularly communicate with management and technical support colleagues
* Bachelor of Science degree in Information Management, Computer Science, Engineering or Technology Management preferred with related field and proven technical experience with emphasis on software development and maintenance.
* 10+ years of relevant experience as an information technology professional in one or many roles such as a software developer, technical project manager, systems administrator, database administrator, systems engineer, computer engineer or support specialist.
* Have demonstrated ability and experience in technology solutions delivery in a pharmaceutical or regulated environment with demonstrated capabilities managing large scale, enterprise software requirements definition, designs and implementations in global 24-by-7 environments.
* Has proven experience in exhibiting high level of business knowledge and understanding of the external marketplace and anticipates customer requirements
* Recognized internally and may be viewed externally as technical and functional expert in delivery of scalable, secure and global web and mobile solutions.
* Must have a Proven track record of using knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry, related industries, customer requirements and the general business environment to define strategic actions for a Global Business Unit
* Must have proven experience in being an excellent, engaging leader and manager, with proven capabilities in using the talent and succession planning processes to establish plans for managing talent inside and outside the organization and for improving diverse leadership bench strength. Proven ability to mentor technical leaders; recruit and retain top talent and develop colleagues.
* Must have proven ability to manage communication as a vehicle to ensure alignment of strategies and day-to-day operations to team members and business unit partners in support of customer facing products, services and experiences.
* Demonstrated experience in vendor negotiations with cited impacts to strategic direction and in-line production products.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build relationships, influence outcomes, and to deliver effective presentations to a variety of audiences.
* Ability to lead in a complex, matrix environment with indirect resources geographically distributed.
* Demonstrated capabilities with software development processes, systems design and development management, testing (unit, systems, end user acceptance, performance, and load) and systems integration.
* Demonstrated capabilities managing large complex global programs consisting of capital and operating expenses and virtual teams.
* Proven financial and resource management capabilities, ideally within Pfizer
* Proven progressive experience as an IT technology professional, preferably in a pharmaceutical industry.
* High level of awareness of internal and external technology trends.
* High proficiency and proven successful delivery of experiences using Agile development, especially scaled agile and lean, techniques and methodologies (Disciplined Agile, SAFe, etc.)
* Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively
* Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary
* Strong attention to detail with high standards of quality and customer value
* Self-motivated and proactive with the ability to take ownership of issues
* Experience with Payers, Pharmacies or Hospitals and related systems and data types
* Experience in the Pharma industry
* Experience with AWS and demonstrated understanding of cloud application architectures
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Other Job Details:
* Last Date to Apply for Job: June 28, 2019
N (Other) (United States of America)
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
Pfizer is a research-based biopharmaceutical company engaged in the discovery, development, manufacture, and distribution of healthcare products.