Pfizer's Digital Solutions and Enablement team are accountable for the creation, configuration, launch, and support of all externally facing digital (web, mobile, omni-channel, & device) products, platforms, services, and experiences, servicing all external customer types at Pfizer.
In addition, the DSE team is accountable for our Marketing Technology (Martech stack) inclusive of Digital Platforms, Digital Channel Enablement, Content Integration, and Marketing/Marketer Tools and for driving Digital Enablement within Pfizer, including Robotic Process Automation, Intelligent Assistants and Workforce Productivity tools.
The Manager, Scrum Master is accountable for ensuring Product Owners and Development Teams maximise the business value of products within the Digital Platforms, Engineering, Operations & Rapid Response Team and specifically for our Mobile (Newton) & Marketing Automation platforms.
Newton is the mHealth solution for patient engagement mobile and web apps. It unlocks the full potential of mobile and digital apps by engaging with patients in a personalized dialogue that is impactful to their health journey while providing valuable insights that enable brands to adapt and improve their strategies and tactics. Connected Health or technology enabled care is rapidly becoming a go to care strategy for our customers. This role will help define the investments, selection and build of such solutions.
Our Marketing Automation Platforms are built using a best-of-breed approach to marketing automation, leveraging technologies from AWS, Marketo, Salesforce, Mulesoft, Janrain and many others.
Working with a hardworking team of functional/technical specialists, this Scrum Master role will be a key proponent of Agile and Lean practices and values, using these to help drive forward the programme of digital transformation that empowers Pfizer's customer-focused vision.
This position requires an individual with the ability to lead/coach teams across a variety of technologies, delivering solutions that meet and exceed partner expectations.
* The projects that this role runs are often complex and global in nature. To ensure their success they will be expected to:
* Plan the Scrum implementations effectively, ensuring that goals, scope, and product domain are understood by everyone on the Scrum Team and that project partners have been properly engaged to understand the process and what is required of them.
* Lead and handle Sprint Planning, Daily Scrums, Sprint Reviews, and Sprint Retrospectives on concurrent projects.
* Coach Product Owners, helping them craft clear and concise Product Backlog Items, ensuring they know how to arrange the Product Backlog to provide the most value.
* Understand the project's functional/technical requirements and provide leadership to the functional/technical teams, helping them to tackle some of the more complex challenges and engendering a collaborative, open environment.
* Establish a working culture such that the Scrum team can be as effective as possible, addressing team dynamics, and ensuring a good relationship between the development team and product owner
* Support the development team in maintaining a steady delivery rate, protecting them from outside interruptions, and removing impediments to their progress.
* Actively promote Scrum and other delivery methodologies within the organization, working with other Scrum Masters to increase effectiveness/adoption of Agile, Lean, Kanban and other emergent methodologies around Continuous Delivery, Test Automation, Customer Experience and Product Usability.
* Engage with the DevOps movement in DSE and ensure the model's success, building a culture of shared responsibility and transparency leading to higher quality and quicker delivery of output. Help instill a culture of measurement, learning and feedback. Help establish metrics and measurement strategies to drive improvements in quality outcomes on your projects.
* Minimum of a Bachelor Degree and 5 years relevant experience as an information technology professional in roles such as a software developer, technical project manager, systems administrator, database administrator, systems engineer, computer engineer or support specialist, engineering lead, technical team lead.
* Minimum of 2 years experience as a scrum master, working with functional/technical teams of contract or colleague resources.
* Evidence of progression through roles to a level with proven team management experience.
* Formal Scrum / Lean / Agile qualifications a bonus but confirmed knowledge and experience are equally valued.
* As above and including Bachelor of Science degree in Information Management, Computer Science, Engineering, Technology Management or relevant disciplines.
* Experience and knowledge of operating in a DevOps environment.
* Experience with Software Development Lifecycle management, including production system maintenance and operation.
* Fantastic interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to establish relationships, influence outcomes, and deliver effective presentations to a variety of audiences.
* Excellent skills in planning, analysis, oral and written communication, consensus building, facilitation, negotiation, and the ability to readily learn a new business area.
* Proven capability facilitating projects in an Agile/DevOps environment.
* Previous experience in a pharmaceutical or regulated environment is a bonus.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
* Travel is a key part of this role as it is a virtual position. Expectations around travel will vary but you will need to be capable of travel within the region and to other regions.
Our business is a 7x24x365 endeavor. This role may on occasion require physical or virtual participation on a weekend, holiday, or after normal business hours.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Other Job Details:
* Last Date to Apply for Job: July 3, 2019
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
Pfizer is a research-based biopharmaceutical company engaged in the discovery, development, manufacture, and distribution of healthcare products.