The Digital Solutions and Enablement team are accountable for the creation, configuration, launch, and support of all externally facing digital (web, mobile, omni-channel, & device) products, platforms, services, and experiences, servicing all external customer types at Pfizer.
In addition, the DS&E team is accountable for our Marketing Technology (Martech stack) inclusive of Digital Platforms, Digital Channel Enablement, Content Integration, and Marketing/Marketer Tools and for driving Digital Enablement within Pfizer, including Robotic Process Automation, Intelligent Assistants and Workforce Productivity tools.
The Manager, Production Engineering is responsible for operational life cycle excellence for all the components under Newton, Pfizer's Connected Health Mobile Backend as a Service (MBaaS) platform. Newton is a combination of AWS services, Mulesoft, Marketo, Janrain and Couchbase, and powers Pfizer's mobile health apps and many other integrated Connected Health experiences. You will lead the team responsible for platform releases, platform component releases, security patching, break-fix support, maintenance, monitoring and other types of proactive and reactive operations tasks necessary to maintain a highly reliable, scalable and high performance connected health platform on which other teams can rely.
This role needs to be attuned to the demands of the business and partner teams, striving for excellence at every opportunity and leading the team responsible for the overall operation service and support for the platform. You will ensure that platform systems are always on, reliable, scalable and of the highest quality possible while maintaining efficiency and long term sustainability. Key to success in this role is the ability to influence a culture of quality and continuous improvement. You will need the technical, leadership and interpersonal skills required to build collaboration across multiple teams at Pfizer.
The primary responsibilities of this position will be leading a team responsible for platform releases, platform component releases, security patching, break-fix, maintenance, monitoring and other types of proactive and reactive operations tasks necessary for the functioning of Pfizer's Connected Health platform. The role will lead a team of between 10 and 30 contractors.
* Deliver the Platform Operations capability for Newton Core APIs, Newton Admin (administrative / configuration interface), relevant Mulesoft and Marketo instances, Janrain for Identity Management and various AWS services. This encompasses: Documentation, CD, Automation services, Integrations with Travis, GitHub.
* Embed Continuous Improvement and automation into daily work and develop a DevOps culture in the team. Deliver on quality, customer satisfaction and budget targets.
* Ensure the DevOps models success by building a culture of shared responsibility and transparency leading to higher quality and quicker delivery of output. Form a habit of measurement, learning and feedback.
* Use industry standards and experience to ensure that security is a key part of projects from the beginning and that the project/program fully embraces a DevSecOps and shift-left on security mentality.
* Build a team able to manage change. Take appropriate risks to achieve desired results; balance risks to stability and current norms vs the need for constant change, improvement and simplification. Guide reports on acceptable levels of risk-taking in this model.
* Responsible for skills management of resources in the team, ensuring the talent pool is appropriate for current and future needs.
* Create, use and improve communication channels enabling teams to make the decisions that will improve/simplify operations when executing delivery of digital solutions.
* Establish excellent and productive professional relationships with other team leads responsible for development and DevOps of capabilities. Ensure strong alignment of visions and strategies in how DSE delivers and runs its technologies.
* Relevant experience as an information technology professional in roles such as a software developer, technical project manager, systems administrator, database administrator, systems engineer, computer engineer or support specialist, engineering lead, technical team lead.
* Bachelor Degree and minimum of 5 years of experience with increasing responsibility designing, delivering, or operating large-scale, global systems & platforms.
* Demonstrable experience with Marketo, Mulesoft, Janrain, Couchbase, and AWS. Testing practices including TDD, Contract Testing, BDD, API Mocking. AWS Infrastructure scaling and optimisation best practices.
* Demonstrable experience operating in a large multi skilled operations team. Experience leading teams of contract or colleague resources. Be detail oriented, persistent. Have a strong desire to deliver quality outcomes in all areas of your work.
* Proven experience operating in a DevOps environment.
* Demonstrable experience of modern software engineering practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and releasing.
* Demonstrable understanding of code versioning tools such as git.
You will need to be familiar with multiple of the following technologies:
* Amazon Web Services
* Adobe Analytics
* Experience with Atlassian (Jira, Confluence), GitHub.
* As above and including Bachelor of Science degree in Information Management, Computer Science, Engineering, Technology Management or relevant disciplines.
* Understanding of CI/CD practices, RESTful APIs, integration patterns, microservice patterns and other areas of interest to modern software development.
Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to establish relationships, influence outcomes, and deliver effective presentations to a variety of audiences.
Ability to work with others in a constructive and collaborative manner & able to influence resources outside of immediate span of control.
Ability to lead in a complex, matrix environment with geographically distributed resources.
Excellent skills in analysis, critical thinking and planning, oral and written communication, consensus building, facilitation, negotiation and the ability to readily learn a new business area.
Proven capability handling large scale, enterprise software implementations in a global 24/7 environment.
Technology solutions delivery in a pharmaceutical or regulated environment a bonus.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Travel is a key part of this role as it is a virtual position. Expectations around travel will vary but you will need to be capable of travel within the region and to other regions.
Our business is a 7x24x365 endeavor. This role may on occasion require physical or virtual participation on a weekend, holiday, or after normal business hours.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Other Job Details:
* Last Date to Apply for Job: July 3, 2019
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
Pfizer is a research-based biopharmaceutical company engaged in the discovery, development, manufacture, and distribution of healthcare products.