JOB DUTIES: The Digital Application Architect is responsible for application quality, performance, availability, scalability, and integrity. They manage all interactions with the application, utilize best practices and ensures application usability. Key areas of accountability include developing solutions for projects/programs and providing input into application evolution plans. Responsibilities include one or more of the following:
1. Competent to code, develop systems solutions, and project management without close supervision; normally assigned the more complex aspects of systems work.
2. Provides application/technical leadership, guidance, and assistance to other team members including the reviews of functional and technical designs to identify areas of risk and/or missing requirements.
3. Works directly on complex application/technical problem identification and resolution, including responding to off-shift and weekend support calls.
4. Develops User Interface architecture and implementation (major system modules, programs or) and integrates components based on requirements gathered from customers.
5. Performs integrated testing and customer acceptance testing of components that requires careful planning and execution to ensure timely, quality results.
6. Fully knowledgeable of the relevant programming languages, application architecture, diagrams, system analysis techniques, testing, debugging, documentation standards, file design, storage and internal systems and cross platform infrastructure components; can provide training on these topics for others.
7. Performs implementation and integration tasks for medium to large, complex in-house developed systems and/or purchased software solutions.
8. Assists customers with documentation, training and usability efforts.
9. Integrates processes across functional organizations.
10. Participate in technology evaluation and recommendations.
11. Assists in the development and alignment of the Application roadmaps to Cat Digital and Business strategy.
Typical internal customers include employees within multiple business processes or functions. In addition, this person may have direct relationships with IT Supervisors, IT Managers, and, in some cases, Directors. External contacts include various companies who purchase services offered by Caterpillar and/or suppliers who provide hardware or software to Caterpillar
* Position requires a four year STEM degree from an accredited college or university
* 1+ years of experience in defining new architectures and ability to drive an independent project from an architectural stand point
* 3 plus years of experience in MVC
* 1+ years of experience growing and managing a small team
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
* 5+ years of experience in full stack software development with technologies - in either Java, or .NET
* Experience in/Exposure to SalesForce Service Cloud
* 3+ years of experience in Cloud technologies - Amazon AWS
* 3+ years of experience in database technologies such as Oracle or MS SQL Server
* 2+ years of experience in Agile methodology program management / software development lifecycle management
* Good knowledge of UX frameworks such as VUE, REDUX, etc.
* Adept at managing business change, project management methods and tools, migration planning
* Deep knowledge and understanding of architectural design patterns
* Experience handling the end-to end implementation of large projects
* Good technical, communication and influential skills
* Expertise in system integration, architecture modeling, application design, coding, security, data interchange, data management, network, database, servers, storage, collaboration or other technical areas
* Experience with offshore teams
* 3+ years of experience in MVC
Caterpillar is a manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines, and diesel-electric locomotives.