We are looking for Senior Frontend Developers that are eager to use cutting edge application development tools and techniques to deliver a best-in-class user experience. This incumbent will work with an innovative, cross-platform, customer-centric team, working in a high pace environment.
JOB DUTIES: As a Senior Front-end Developer, you will contribute to design and development of Caterpillar's digital applications.
* Design and develop scalable UI applications in a cloud environment (AWS/Azure)
* Provide technical leadership in UI technology standards.
* Provides guidance to project teams regarding UI guiding principles, system and application design, coding and design standards, best practices, and system performance and availability.
* Collaborate and pair with other development team members to design and develop new, scalable, secure, and reliable features and exciting experiences utilizing modern application development design patterns.
* Review the quality of designs and implementation of solutions implemented by the frontend developers/leads
* Mentor junior team members
* Collaborate with product owners and system integration engineers to ensure user stories that are developer-ready, easy to understand, and testable
* Write unit test cases including "destructive testing" to ensure adequate resiliency in production
* Write clean, maintainable code and perform unit tests and peer code reviews
* Optimizes design for performance, maintainability, scalability, extensibility as needed.
* Provides Tier III application support for application running in production
* Position requires a four-year degree from an accredited college or university.
* 8+ years of software development experience
* 3+ years of leading projects
Top candidates will have:
* Proven experience in many of the following
* Modern web frameworks such as Angular 2+ /React/Polymer
* Understanding of HTML 5, CSS3, ES6+ and Web components
* Application architecture patterns such as MVC, MVM and MVVM
* Test Driven UI Development (TDD) and Behavioural Driven Development(BDD) using testing frameworks such as Jest, Mocha, Karma, Jasmine, Supertest, Selenium, Cucumber etc
* Responsive Web Design and development
* Hands on experience of tools like Webpack, Gulp etc
* CSS pre-processors like SASS or LESS
* Cloud-based development in Azure or AWS
* In depth hands-on experience in NodeJS
* Strong understanding of web performance and tools for performance optimization
* Strong understanding of state management libraries like Redux, NRGX
* Exposure to modern web application framework such as RUBY on Rails, Spring MVC
* Experience in Less, CORS, OAuth2, jQuery UI, RequireJS, Backbone.js, Toastr is a plus.
* Integrating with and /or defining, developing and maintaining web service API's (RESTful, JSON-RPC) at scale
* Working with Node based development tools (including NPM, Yarn) to facilitate code formatting consistency, linting, testing, bundling etc.
* Ability to work under pressure and within time constraints.
* Passion for technology and an eagerness to contribute to a team-oriented environment.
* Demonstrated leadership on medium to large-scale projects impacting strategic priorities
* Bachelor's degree in Computer science or Electrical engineering or related field
Caterpillar designs, manufactures, markets and sells machinery and engines.