Caterpillar is investing in our digital future, and we're looking for a talented and motivated Senior Test Automation Engineer to help build a world class platform to host a wide range of applications.
Our iconic products have evolved from mechanical work horses to highly sophisticated, and electronically-controlled worksite solutions. This transformation, along with our smart factories and our integrated dealer network, has a wealth of data ready to be leveraged by our customers and our dealers. We're generating innovative solutions from millions of data points and hundreds of thousands of IoT connected assets.
* Develop test automation code for Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD), of systems, infrastructure, and test framework.
* Plan, design, develop, and maintain API test automation framework that facilitates automation scripting, execution, and analysis of results
* Provide technical leadership and mentoring for test engineers on multiple applications/projects onshore and offshore; train and mentor project team members to create, execute, analyze, and maintain automated regression suites
* Coordinate with product owner to resolve open issues/enhancements/upgrades and understand the use of a specific functionality as needed
* Develop automated functional scripts using tools such as Selenium, Rest Assured, Java, Cucumber.
* Perform exploratory and manual testing of the product suite as appropriate
* Provide expertise in testing methodologies, best practices, and standards
* Position requires a four-year degree from an accredited college or university.
* 5+ years of test automation framework design and development experience
* 3+ years of prior either functional or object- oriented coding experience in modern programming languages like C++, Java or Python (preferably Java)
* Strong development skills in two or more of the following technologies and tools: Java/Junit, Python, Cucumber, JBehave or other BDD testing frameworks
* Proven experience developing test scripts, test cases, and test data
* Strong experience in testing Webservices (REST APIs)
* The ability to write queries in SQL or other relational databases
* Experience testing full stack and integration testing with 3rd parties
Top candidate will have:
* End-to-end system integration testing experience for software platforms
* Hands on experience with Python, Java
* Experience in TDD, continuous integration, code review practice is strongly desired
* Experience with Apigee or other API gateways is a plus
* Experience with DevOps concepts and tools (e.g., CI/CD, Jenkins, Git)
* At least 2 years working on an Agile team with a solid understanding of Agile/Lean practices.
* Experience with Browserstack or Saucelabs
* Understanding of a micro service Architecture
* Experience load and performance testing
* Strong documentation skills
* Ability to adapt quickly to a complex environment
* Pro-active, flexible and creative
* Very strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate with developers and business users.
Caterpillar is a manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines, and diesel-electric locomotives.