COLLABORATE WITH THE BEST
Tackle projects with smart, engaged team members who will help you reach the next level in your career. Our teams treat each other-as well as customers-with integrity, accountability and courtesy.
The Product Support & Logistics Division currently has an opening for a Salesforce Architect in Morton, IL or Chicago, IL. As part of the Integrated Logistics team, you will work closely with business partners to provide an overall vision for Salesforce applications to improve business processes, solve customer business problems and contribute to strategic business initiatives. This role will also be responsible for developing and maintaining Salesforce architecture for Logistics business functions in response to changing organization needs. The position supports teams located in Morton, IL. However, the candidate can work from Caterpillar Chicago facility but will require to travel to Morton, IL 1 to 2 days per week based on project activities.
* Develop concepts and Salesforce solutions for major systems for supply chain disruption, customer needs or industry trends
* Work closely with business teams to understand business requirements and recommend solutions
* Utilize Salesforce knowledge to develop and produce overall designs deliverables for projects
* Provide design leadership to team members from multiple functional disciplines and business teams on complex projects
* Create and maintain an overall Salesforce roadmap in conjunction with product owner
* Validate new projects/activities for proper alignment with business team objectives and strategies
* Collaborate with enterprise Salesforce architects to ensure alignment and proper use of Salesforce
* Research new Salesforce releases and functionality and advise the product owner on possible use case or impacts
* Create and maintain architectural best practices, addressing Salesforce application, data and integration in the context of Integrated Logistics business processes
* Provide recommendations regarding future development, including areas of concern with functional and application design
* Identify design options for out-of-the box functionality rather than customization to satisfy key requirements
* Participate in design and working data model sessions, providing input to the development of functional and technical design documentation.
* Provide recommendations on alternative approaches where applicable
* Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Information Technology or Business related field
* 10+ years of progressively responsible IT experience
* 5+ years of Salesforce experience
* Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills required.
* Must pay rigorous attention to detail, meticulous and accurate
* Salesforce Administrator Certification
* Salesforce Service Cloud Consultant Certification
* Salesforce Architect Certification in: Technical or Application or System
* Master's Degree in Information Technology or Business related field
* Good understanding of Caterpillar organization and its business processes
* Demonstrated abilities in team leadership, large design deliverables, and communication
* Business background in Logistics, Procurement, or Product Distribution
* Experience using Agile methodologies
* A certification in TOGAF or similar framework is highly desirable.
* Sound knowledge of IT Project Management methodology and how architecture deliverables are aligned to ensure architecture compliance and reuse
* Awareness of ITIL
* Demonstrated excellent planning and organizational skills with an established track record of positively influencing change
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
For more information, visit caterpillar.com. To connect with us on social media, visit caterpillar.com/social-media.
Caterpillar is a manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines, and diesel-electric locomotives.