As a not-for-profit organization, Partners HealthCare is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Partners HealthCare supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Partners HealthCare is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
General Summary/Overview Statement
The Health Innovation Platform (HIP) team at Partners HealthCare is creating technology solutions focused on fundamentally accelerating the rate of clinical innovation in healthcare. We have already worked with clinicians to redefine platelet and heart failure management processes and are now expanding to new areas. Our team joins forces with clinical leaders to determine how entire patient care workflows can be rebuilt to better gather, analyze and react to patient data. We strongly believe, and are intent on collecting data to prove, that it is possible to deploy algorithmically enhanced care to produce better outcomes and reduce cost while improving patient and clinician experiences.
In pursuit of this opportunity, our expanding team is tackling some of the largest challenges in healthcare IT - integrating genetic and other new data sources into clinical workflows, deploying complex analytics-aware infrastructure into mission critical clinical environments, and democratizing healthcare IT. This position offers an opportunity to join our team at an early stage.
More specifically, the projects we undertake are initiated by clinicians across our healthcare system who identify ways in which care delivery could be improved through process change that requires digital interventions. The required functionality often involves bringing together disparate data and applying improved analytics - which in turn requires building highly cross functional teams combining a wide range of types of expertise. Effectively, they need "apps" to provide the support and leverage required to rebuild legacy pathways, validate their safety and effectiveness and then transition the healthcare system to the reimagined processes. This type of support is expensive to create. The HIP team is focused on addressing this challenge too. The team is creating a platform to simplify the development of evolved IT support in the healthcare setting. Consistent with our values, we will open source this platform once it is complete. The platform will increase our development speed thereby bringing benefits to patients in need faster and less expensively than would otherwise be possible.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Manages QA initiatives within the context of the larger environment including competing priorities, staffing levels, budgetary concerns. Provides appropriate and timely problem escalation reporting (and potential solutions if applicable) to IS and/or hospital management.
Develops QA strategies and solutions that comply with Partners QA standards and strategic directions. Perform Training for Software Process Assessment (using CCMI or other appropriate method) and Form an Assessment Team as well as training on proper QA Methodology and Semantics
Commonly partners with Project Manager(s) to drive project(s) to successful completion, leveraging in-depth knowledge of Quality Assurance documentation, tracking and tools that will provide the highest level of quality product with clear understanding and visibility into the test process and test status for dissemination and consumption by all interested parties.
Serve as liaison between Partners IS, Engineering and Business owners (Analysts), insuring the proper planning, communication, and coordination of requirements to ensure all expectations are met.
Without formal management responsibility, on occasion will lead 5 or more resources in a highly matrixed organization on multiple test efforts. Assigns/delegates/coordinates test assignments as appropriate. Provides direction and guidance to team members to facilitate timely and quality results. Fosters a positive team environment through leadership and mentoring.
Collaborates on and reviews Requirements, Architecture, Planning, Design, Test and Deployment Documentation and Leads Quality and Process improvement inspections
Create Software Quality Management Metrics Dashboard and implement regular data analysis and organizational feedback. Lead, Teach, and Audit - Full Life Cycle Quality Support for Key Projects: Requirements Traceability, SQA and CM Plan, Formalized Test Plans, Cases, User Acceptance plans, Coverage Analysis, Results Analysis and Feedback
Prepares written materials for use in presentations, meetings, etc. May present to groups of all sizes within IS, the user community, or other groups.
Stays current with industry trends as they relate to job responsibilities; able to incorporate impact of industry trends into how systems are designed, tested, implemented, and supported
* Excellent communication skills required.
* Requires a bachelor's degree, or its equivalent.
* 2 years related experience.
* Experience with JIRA, or similar tracking system.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or other technical degree, Graduate degree preferred.
* Experience in developing and conducting test processes for multiple types of systems, client users and/or units across an organization.
* 10 years of related experience in building and establishing strong Quality Organizations
* Experience with developing test strategies for Web Services and other SOA related architectures
* Strong knowledge of Web Development, Client-Server Development, Component-based development, Interoperability, and Database development.
* Prior management, supervisory or team leader experience a plus.
* Medical Industry Experience from a test perspective a plus
* Expert level Quality Assurance Methodology domain knowledge.
* Ability to navigate, facilitate and influence direction in a complex, multi-site, matrix environment. to understand the political climate of the organization and act accordingly
* Demonstrated experience working with Project Management to deliver accurate and realistic schedules that include proper test objectives to ensure a high-quality product delivered as planned.
* Understands the flow of data through complex architecture; understands the consequences that erroneous data could have on patient care and/or revenue.
* Exemplary skills in developing templates for Test Plans, test cases and all associated Test artifacts.
* Expert ability to scrutinize and review requirements to ensure clarity and eliminate any ambiguity. Understands and champions Requirements Based Testing.
* Demonstrates ability to prioritize tasks with an appreciation for critical paths and can coordinate and complete multiple complex tasks to completion independently
* Able to independently create complex test scenarios and test scripts and execute testing accordingly in an integrated environment while incorporating quality management concepts
* Familiarity with industry standard Quality, Test Traceability tools such as Mercury Quality Center and Issue tracking systems such as JIRA and Bugzilla.
* Familiarity with Load and Performance tools such as Loadrunner and Vantage as well as automation tools such as QTP.
* Experience with Web Services testing tools such as SOAP-UI.
* Office environment located at 360 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA
* Must be able to provide adequate transportation between work locations
* As projects and priorities dictate, must be available to work non-standard business hours such as evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays if/when necessary
About Partners HealthCare
Partners HealthCare is a not-for-profit health care system that is committed to patient care, research, teaching, and service.