The Programmer/Analyst will assist the Systems Manager and Harvard Medical School faculty at the Division in the data processing and statistical programming for assigned clinical trials and observational studies. Responsibilities include programming support for: production of safety reports for data monitoring boards of ongoing clinical trials; data management; and statistical analysis of cohort studies. Data management involves programming to allow new types of information to be added to the study database, case/control matching for biomarker studies, routine reports and quality control analyses, final cleaning of the data from closed time points, assisting in the analysis of the databases and working with study personnel to resolve data problems. Statistical analysis includes using existing procedures and writing new macros and functions as necessary to answer analysis questions.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Assists in all statistical and data management tasks for assigned clinical trials and observational studies. Performs these tasks with a high level of accuracy under supervision of Systems Manager and Division faculty.
* Assists in generating the analysis reports for the trials' external Data Monitoring Boards.
* Assists in the design and implementation of interim and final data cleaning and documentation for closed sections of the trial database.
* Assists in writing the processing programs necessary to implement new phases of ongoing trials including the checking scripts needed to ensure the validity and consistency of new data.
* Contributes data and programming expertise at meetings with external review boards/committees and other external parties, as appropriate.
* Modifies and runs routine quality control and reporting programs for use by research personnel as well as for circulation to the trial leadership. This includes writing new macros for data management and analysis, as well as production of any graphical output necessary for visualization of the results.
* Interacts directly with study personnel to resolve data problems.
* Interacts directly with trial Statisticians and Investigators to discuss processing procedures, variable definitions, matching criteria for case/control studies and analysis structures.
* Assists with all other tasks as required or assigned.
* Master's degree in a related field (preferred) or Bachelor's degree with 1 years of programming experience.
* Familiarity with research methodology and biostatistics.
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
* Programming skills using a SAS and/or R (SQL or a scripting language a plus).
* Attention to detail, persistence in resolving conflicting results and interest in working with dynamic datasets.
* Ability to think and work independently.
* Excellent organization skills.
* Ability to work under tight deadlines.
* Willingness to learn new methodology as necessary.
* Excellent interpersonal skills, as this position involves working with a broad range of personnel.
About Partners Healthcare
Partners HealthCare is a not-for-profit health care system that is committed to patient care, research, teaching, and service.