McLean Hospital is a comprehensive psychiatric hospital committed to providing easy access to superior quality, cost-effective mental health services in the Boston area, Massachusetts and beyond. Since 1811, McLean Hospital has been a world leader in the treatment of mental illness and chemical dependency, research into the cause of mental illness and the training of generations of mental health care providers. McLean's multidisciplinary programs treat a broad range of psychiatric illnesses across the full continuum of care.
The Institute for Technology is Psychiatry (ITP) is a new and rapidly growing initiative at Mclean Hospital that aims to integrate digital technology tools into psychiatry research and care. Now in its third year, we are seeking a Program Coordinator to help oversee and administer the ITP program and related activities. The ITP Program Coordinator should be an extraordinarily detail-oriented individual who is adept at navigating complex situations. The ideal candidate will be a skilled and savvy communicator who can use this skillset to help build and launch ambitious projects aimed at shaping the future of technology in psychiatry, locally and nationally. In addition to working closely with the members of the Institute for Technology in Psychiatry, this person will work hospital leadership in Research, Clinical Care, Public Affairs, and Development, help guide ITP initiatives. This will include (1) putting together quarterly reports on key ITP programs (e.g. the Digital Psychiatry Clinic, seed grants, and annual Technology in Psychiatry Summit), (2) contracting
While the ITP Program Coordinator will work closely with all ITP co-directors, this individual should be able to work autonomously, without the need for extensive supervision. The Program Coordinator will be provided with clear expectations and deadlines and will be responsible for keeping all elements of the initiative on track to meet all deadlines. This individual will be the primary staff member dedicated to ITP fulltime and is expected to work with other members of the team - including vendors - to develop effective web content, reference materials for ITP members, and coordinate ITP events. Finally the ITP Program Coordinator will be responsible for operational and logistical functions for ITP, including purchasing, travel approvals, and overall ITP project management.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:.
* Organizes and provides project management for major ITP operations and initiatives.
* Serve as the point person for ITP and annual Technology in Psychiatry Summit.
* Work closely with the ITP co-directors to investigate and make recommendations on infrastructure needs and content development.
* Manage all vendors working on the initiative.
* Work with the Public Affairs and Communications team to formulate communication plans for ITP, including web and annual ITP Summit conference.
* Oversee logistics for Technology in Psychiatry Summit meeting series
* Develop monthly [tech psych] newsletter and daily digest communications
* Serve as copyeditor for content developed by the Institute for Technology in Psychiatry
* Organize workshops highlighting best practices for collecting, uploading, processing, and analyzing data derived from digital research tools
* Interface with executives from digital health companies to examine uses cases for their product in the ITP community, tracking details to contextualize leadership decisions
* Serves as administrator to ITP Directors, including coordinating travel, tracking expenses, and scheduling
* Requisition supplies, equipment, and consumables as needed through eBuy system.
* May have PeopleSoft Manager Self Service responsibilities, including entering of performance appraisals, employee data changes, terminations, etc.
* May have signatory authority for various requisitions, purchase orders, check requests and other documents within the scope of hospital policy.
* Other duties as assigned.
All McLean team members are expected to consistently demonstrate our values of integrity, compassion, respect, diversity, teamwork, excellence and innovation in their work activities and interactions.
* Strong interpersonal skills with maturity, good judgment and discretion necessary to interact with colleagues at all levels of McLean, other Partners hospitals and Harvard Medical School, as well as Trustees, donors and other individuals key to the academic mission and success of McLean Hospital. Must also be comfortable interacting with people in academic, business and scientific settings within McLean, the Harvard community, and beyond.
* Excellent writing, planning and organizational skills.
* Must be a self- starter with ability to initiate and complete required tasks with limited direction.
* Innovative and detail-oriented.
* Ability to function independently and effectively under the pressure of deadlines and schedules.
* Ability to interact effectively in a complex organization and to communicate effectively with a wide range of departments, faculty, staff and individuals at all levels within and outside McLean.
* Demonstrated ability to manage several projects simultaneously, to be able to effectively prioritize work, and be a contributing team member with the willingness to assist with both routine and/or last minute projects
* Ability to be extremely flexible as priorities, projects, and responsibilities shift in order to best meet the needs of the team and its projects.
* Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
* Experience with graphics production and communications software preferred (Adobe Creative Cloud, Constant Contact)
* This role requires a bachelor's degree and 5 or more years of progressively responsible work experience in healthcare, research, not-for-profit or related organization OR equivalent directly related experience. The candidate must also have 3 years or more experience in project management.
* 2-5 years administrative experience OR equivalent directly related experience required
All employees must possess basic computer skills to use a variety of electronic or online systems for communication, clinical and administrative purposes.
About Partners HealthCare
Partners HealthCare is a not-for-profit health care system that is committed to patient care, research, teaching, and service.