Sirius Xm Radio Inc.
Location: New York, NY
The Developer/Analyst, Financial Systems is responsible for requirements gathering, development, implementation, and ongoing maintenance of financial systems reporting and related processes in CRM data feeds, systems analysis, ad-hoc reporting, and data population retrievals. The resource will provide superior technical and has the ability to work as part of a team in a rapidly changing environment. The applications supported by this position include, but are not limited to, proprietary and vendor-supplied solutions leveraging technologies such as Teradata, Oracle DBMS, and Vertica. Activities encompass the full Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) from project initiation, development of business requirements, implementation, through on-going maintenance and support. Operations work will be required to support the monthly processes being built for the CRM Production cycle.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Develop/receive designs for new/existing financial reporting/processes and communicate across departments to determine scope of impact and validate methodology.
* Code, test, debug, implement and document reports and processes.
* Provide operational support to ensure that the highest level of service availability and data quality are present for all financial applications and datasets.
* Respond to production issues with impacted population analysis.
* Develop and implement unit tests correlating to given requirements for each assigned task.
* Work in a team environment by submitting design, source code, and unit test cases for review and performing reviews of other team member's deliverables.
* Undertake complex projects.
* Interact with business intelligence, supply chain and financial operations to ensure that requirements are complete and feasible.
* Deliver solutions according to project schedules.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent, relevant experience. Master's degree is a plus.
* 3 - 5 years of experience in relevant IT-related field.
* 3 - 5 years of experience developing and writing SQL.
* Basic working knowledge of accounting and finance principles; key for working effectively with finance during project initiation, requirement gathering, development, user acceptance testing, and post-deployment validation.
Requirements and General Skills:
* Must be able to solve complex technical problems and communicate the solution to non-technical management and peers.
* Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
* Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
* Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
* Commitment to "internal client" and customer service principles.
* Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
* Strong organizational skills.
* Available for limited travel.
* Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
* Willing and able to participate in knowledge sharing interdepartmentally and with team members to make them more effective.
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* Strong SQL and data modeling (either Teradata SQL, Oracle PL/SQL, or TSQL).
* Basic understanding of billing systems or financial background.
* Advanced understanding of Excel.
* Understanding of SDLC concepts (GIT).
* Basic understanding of data security concepts.
* Tidal Enterprise Scheduler.
SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
About Sirius Xm Radio Inc.
Sirius XM Holdings is a radio broadcaster.