Sirius Xm Radio Inc.
Location: New York, NY or Washington, D.C.
Build and maintain IT suite of mission critical custom applications responsible for tracking and controlling the status of SiriusXM radios from the point of manufacture through the lifecycle of the product.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Deploy, support and troubleshoot complex in-house database-centric applications in a mixed Linux/Windows environment.
* Configure and monitor multi-site "always-on" database replication scheme for mission-critical 24 x 7 application.
* Ensure Disaster Recovery and High Availability readiness of essential custom applications.
* Analyze log and performance data, to identify and suggest solutions to bottlenecks and data-quality issues.
* Share in on-call duties for monitoring and response to emergencies.
* Document procedures and train production staff.
* Bachelor's in computer science, related field or equivalent, relevant experience.
* 5+ years of experience in computer operations.
Requirements and General Skills:
* Good public speaking and presentation skills.
* Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
* Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
* Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
* Commitment to "internal client" and customer service principles.
* Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
* Spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills.
* Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* Experience with Scrum and/or Kanban methodologies.
* Expert in MS-SQL Server, Postgres, MySQL/MariaDB.
* Design and implement database replication schemes.
* Database maintenance and operational tasks in a 24 x 7 production environment.
* Experience with database encryption technologies.
* Data analysis and reporting with Microsoft SQL Reporting Services, R, Excel.
* Comfortable in Windows Server and Red Hat/CentOS operating systems.
* Strong comprehension of encryption and security principles.
* Write, maintain, ETL processes to parse logs and data files into database tables.
* Able to write scripts for application monitoring to interoperate with Zabbix, Foglight, Solar Winds.
* Scripting languages: Powershell, Python, bash.
* Manage and communicate issues and tasks with Jira and Confluence.
* Configuring and using encryption tools: PGP, GPG, nCipher, Safenet.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
About Sirius Xm Radio Inc.
Sirius XM Holdings is a radio broadcaster.