RegularLocation: Irving, TX Position Summary:
The Connected Vehicle Services division of SiriusXM builds and delivers software-based services on our connected car platform. The software we develop not only adds convenience to the daily life of our subscribers, but safety and security as well; when the worst happens, our software helps to save lives.
We are transforming our existing CV platform from an on-premise, monolithic, closed architecture system to a modern, open, micro-services, cloud-based system. Working on our team will give you the opportunity to craft software in an agile, team-focused environment while learning and exercising a multitude of skills. We focus on keeping developers happy and productive; fostering a positive atmosphere to help you make the right decisions and to learn and grow both professionally and personally.
We are looking for a motivated and passionate software craftsperson to help us create, extend, and maintain the core of our connected car software platform as we expand past our current offerings in services related to safety, security and convenience in order to take our business to the next level.
This position requires that the individual be capable of playing a pivotal role; providing technical guidance and direction to our DevOps team. This individual will also work closely with all levels of management across the various organizations, researching new technologies and making technical recommendations to help ensure that Sirius XM Connected Vehicle Services continues to be a thought leader within our industry.
In this role you will be a key member of the DevOps team responsible for establishing highly available environments driven by automation and DevOps strategy. You will also be called upon to utilize your influence, leadership skills and knowledge of Agile/DevOps to deliver customer value. You will also partner with the engineering organization to drive conversion projects to cloud infrastructure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Design, enable, and deliver scalable and automated strategy - Infrastructure as Code.
* Build DevOps roadmap for the organization and drive teams.
* Enable "DevOps" mindset into the organization by working collaboratively with Dev and operations team.
* Ensure appropriate CI/CD pipelines are built and executed with automation and utilization of appropriate DevOps tool both Cloud and on-premise infrastructure.
* Design, develop, and support all AWS activities for various environments.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent, relevant experience.
* AWS certifications are a plus.
* 6+ years of experience in DevOps-driven industry.
Requirements and General Skills:
* Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities.
* Ability to multi-task in a highly-dynamic environment.
* Ability to work under pressure and work well in a team environment.
* Ability to effectively communicate both written and verbally.
* Ability to work independently and problem solve with little or no supervision.
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* Experience with Atlassian JIRA defect tracking, ServiceNow ticket system, AgileCraft-scaled management software a plus.
* Experience with DevOps, ITIL, Cloud Services, IT Infrastructure and Operations, including environment standup, server builds, firewalls, security and compliance.
* Demonstrable, recent experience developing web-applications or microservices using Java and/or node.js a plus.
* DevOps and CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt, OpsWorks (for AWS).
* Must have in depth knowledge of mobile apps compilation, signing, packaging processes and deployments to various App Stores.
* Must have AWS cloud knowledge - EC2, Routing, Sub-netting and VPC's, Cloudwatch, RDS, Inspector, State Manager, IAM, SNS, SES, AWS Backups, vSRX Firewall and NAT.
* Scripting Knowledge such as Python, Perl, Groovy, Java.
* Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc).
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
About Sirius XM
Sirius XM Holdings is a radio broadcaster.