Position Type: Internship
Session: Fall 2019 (September 16 - December 6, 2019)
Location: Washington, D.C.
SiriusXM interns don't make coffee. They're on-air, on projects and making valuable contributions to SiriusXM. Join our internship program and learn about the world of radio and get hands-on experience in your field of study.
SiriusXM is looking for a design-savvy web development intern to help the digital marketing design and testing team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Develop modular, clean code with the latest technologies.
* Create proof-of-concept projects from design mockups.
* Participate in digital marketing lunch and learn series.
* Support the team in creation of applications, AB Testing, user experience research, project management, QA, requirements gathering.
* Gain an understanding of enterprise level code architecture, digital design processes, user experience strategy, CMS database, and the interaction of the code produced with marketing, business and executive teams.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in computer science, design, arts, media or related field.
* Must be at least 18 years of age.
* Must be enrolled as a student in a college, university or trade school. Students who have completed at least two years of college are preferred.
Requirements and General Skills:
* Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
* Strong analytical skills and strong attention to detail.
* Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
* Project management experience within a digital environment is a plus.
* Experience working with developers is a plus.
* Familiar with marketing communications strategy and processes, including Git, UX principles, Bootstrap, and wireframes.
* Strong interpersonal capabilities and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Well-organized, detail-oriented, energetic, independent and responsive to feedback.
* Strong spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills.
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* Basic understanding of Angular 2+, React, or any component-based framework.
* Experience working Java, REST APIs, and noSQL is a plus.
* Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
* Ability to embrace and learn internal project management tools and systems.
Please note that all SiriusXM Internships are paid.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
About Sirius XM
Sirius XM Holdings is a radio broadcaster.