The Database Administrator is responsible for providing subject matter expertise within multiple database platforms in the establishment and maintenance of database technologies. This role requires interaction with a cross-functional team of technology and business professionals including infrastructure, application development, security, business & 3rd party subject matter experts to ensure that database technology solutions are planned, executed and maintained in accordance with data security standards, business requirements and business service level agreements.
Areas of Responsibility
* Recommends hardware configurations as they pertain to database performance and high availability. Performs database performance monitoring and tuning, including advanced skills in the effective use of database tools.
* Responsible for the organization, security and protection of the databases and data.
* Provides daily operational activities such as backups/restores, application troubleshooting, log monitoring, adds, moves and changes.
* Monitor key performance indicators and implement enhancements to improve/maintain performance/productivity at acceptable levels.
* Establish and maintain a 24x7 support model for all database environments.
* Participate in the planning and execution of the monthly maintenance process, including patches, system configurations, and preventative maintenance activities, across all production environments.
* Partner with Developers, System and Network administrators to support and improve system performance and stability, including support for cross-functional project teams, acting in an advisory capacity with regards to specifications related to database administration.
* Participate in future-state infrastructure planning (storage capacity planning, server SKU recommendations, newest SQL Server features, etc.)
* Define and implement SQL monitoring tools/scripts for server health checks (backups/jobs/mirroring/replication/etc.); ensure SQL Errors are proactively captured.
* Participates in the on-call production support rotation and may occasionally be required to work hours outside of the traditional work schedule.
* Experience running and maintaining a 24x7 production computing environment.
* Strong understanding of MS Windows Server 2008 and up and SQL Server 2008 and up.
* Thorough understanding of Microsoft SQL Server relational database design and concepts.
* Experience implementing/maintaining database failover mechanism (mirroring, log-shipping, clustering, etc.) and perform disaster recovery exercises for mission-critical databases.
* Strong SQL/T-SQL skills with hands-on experience in successful database design, schema design, SQL performance tuning and optimization.
* Experience with developing software at the data layer in a SQL server environment using Transact-SQL Software development skills in object oriented programming including C# .Net.
* Knowledge of backups, restores, recoveries, high availability, and disaster recovery scenarios.
* Experience configuring and administrating MSSQL technologies outside the relational engine (SSIS, SSRS, MDX, and SSAS). Strong skills in SSRS report development and SSIS/ETL.
* Knowledge of SQL Server performance tuning, backup and recovery methods.
As your local community bank, we work hard to support the neighborhoods we serve. We are members of many local chambers of commerce, and we're active in local charities, local government, school boards and community development activities. At Wintrust you can "Have it All" with access to the big bank resources and the customer service you can only get from a local community bank that makes decisions locally and still calls customers by their name. We invite you to be part of the Wintrust team by submitting your application today!
Wintrust is a financial holding company with assets of over $30 billion whose common stock is traded on the NASDAQ Global Select Market. Built on the "HAVE IT ALL" model, Wintrust offers sophisticated technology and resources of a large bank while focusing on providing service-based community banking to each and every customer. Wintrust operates fifteen community bank subsidiaries, with over 160 banking locations located in the greater Chicago and southern Wisconsin market areas. Additionally, Wintrust operates various non-bank business units including business units which provide commercial and life insurance premium financing in the United States, a premium finance company operating in Canada, a company providing short-term accounts receivable financing and value-added out-sourced administrative services to the temporary staffing services industry, a business unit engaging primarily in the origination and purchase of residential mortgages for sale into the secondary market throughout the United States, and companies providing wealth management services and qualified intermediary services for tax-deferred exchanges.
Wintrust Financial Corporation, including community banking and financial services subsidiaries, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
Wintrust is a financial holding company, with more than 155 community bank locations, serving the Chicago area, southern Wisconsin and northwest Indiana.