The Senior Application Specialist role will manage systems and data in the Finance area. This position requires a basic understanding of the banking and financial services businesses along with the technical skills to be able to translate business requirements into technical solutions. While it is a part of the IT team, this is a business-facing role. Responsibilities include working with the Finance business unit at Wintrust Corporate to document requirements, propose solutions and deploy new functionality. This individual must possess the skills necessary to support a group of applications and to coordinate across multiple teams to deliver new capabilities.
A Senior Application Specialist needs to be or become a strong subject matter expert in the applications he/she supports, knowing what the systems do, how they work, how they interact with other systems and what issues can arise.
Key Accountability Items
* Manage relationships with business stakeholders and ensure excellent communication between Business and Technical teams
* Work with the Business and Technical teams to define, test and implement business solutions
* Document and update requirements throughout the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
* Design, build and deploy of integrations, reports and other system improvements
* Deliver enhancements and resolve bottlenecks in the ETL solution
* Prepare and execute test plans (develop test strategies, write test cases, track metrics, communicate results, etc.)
* A Bachelor's degree in Business, Information Systems or Computer Science
* Experience with general ledger and/or ERP systems * Proficiency in one or more database systems (SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, etc.) * Experience leveraging SQL Server (SSIS, SSMS, SSRS, and SSAS) to support reporting and integration * Experience in facilitating the exchange of information between source systems and reporting databases (ETL, APIs, Middleware, etc.)
* Understating of accounting concepts; experience in corporate finance environment
* Exhibit a strong ability to handle multiple demands with a sense of urgency, drive, and energy
* Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work diplomatically across all levels within the Wintrust organization and with the vendors that support our applications
As your local community bank, we work hard to support the neighborhoods we serve. We are members of many local chambers of commerce, and we're active in local charities, local government, school boards and community development activities. At Wintrust you can "Have it All" with access to the big bank resources and the customer service you can only get from a local community bank that makes decisions locally and still calls customers by their name. We invite you to be part of the Wintrust team by submitting your application today!
Wintrust is a financial holding company with assets of over $30 billion whose common stock is traded on the NASDAQ Global Select Market. Built on the "HAVE IT ALL" model, Wintrust offers sophisticated technology and resources of a large bank while focusing on providing service-based community banking to each and every customer. Wintrust operates fifteen community bank subsidiaries, with over 160 banking locations located in the greater Chicago and southern Wisconsin market areas. Additionally, Wintrust operates various non-bank business units including business units which provide commercial and life insurance premium financing in the United States, a premium finance company operating in Canada, a company providing short-term accounts receivable financing and value-added out-sourced administrative services to the temporary staffing services industry, a business unit engaging primarily in the origination and purchase of residential mortgages for sale into the secondary market throughout the United States, and companies providing wealth management services and qualified intermediary services for tax-deferred exchanges.
Wintrust Financial Corporation, including community banking and financial services subsidiaries, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
About Wintrust Financial Corporation
Wintrust is a financial holding company offering community and commercial banking, wealth management, and mortgage services.