Wintrust Financial Corporation
An Advanced Software Engineer will have the ability to prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery and excellent software engineering skills. Must be able to work across multiple facets of the project and juggle multiple responsibilities at the same time. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who is looking to grow their career in a fast paced environment. The candidate will mentor a team of developers responsible for building new and support existing products.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills as well as deep expertise in developing applications.
* Ability to understand and assess key business requirements for the various business units as presented to them by business analysts, and the ability to apply these requirements to properly plan applications from a technical standpoint.
* Write code, test and debug software applications.
* Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems.
* Deploy programs and evaluate user feedback.
* Comply with project plans and industry standards.
* Recommend system changes and enhancements as appropriate.
* Document software specifications and appropriately comment and document code.
* 7 years of Java programming language experience.
* 4 years of experience in professional web development (frontend and backend)
* Experience implementing and consuming large scale web services
* Eagerness and willingness to learn new technologies
* Experience collaborating in a regulated team development environment, with full separation of environment and responsibilities is a plus
* A bachelor's degree in business, information systems or computer science.
* Advanced certification in appropriate field.
* Experience developing web services (SOAP, REST).
* Experience with PowerShell scripting.
* Experience with SSRS/SSIS/MSSQL.
* Experience with Bootstrap , Jquery, Mustache or Underscore.
* Experience with responsive design and the implications of web design across multiple devices.
* Experience with version control, continuous integration builds, documentation, advanced programming frameworks, and other software development tools.
* Experience with secure coding standards.
* Experience in the banking and financial services sector.
As your local community bank, we work hard to support the neighborhoods we serve. We are members of many local chambers of commerce, and we're active in local charities, local government, school boards and community development activities. At Wintrust you can "Have it All" with access to the big bank resources and the customer service you can only get from a local community bank that makes decisions locally and still calls customers by their name. We invite you to be part of the Wintrust team by submitting your application today!
Wintrust is a financial holding company with assets of over $30 billion whose common stock is traded on the NASDAQ Global Select Market. Built on the "HAVE IT ALL" model, Wintrust offers sophisticated technology and resources of a large bank while focusing on providing service-based community banking to each and every customer. Wintrust operates fifteen community bank subsidiaries, with over 160 banking locations located in the greater Chicago and southern Wisconsin market areas. Additionally, Wintrust operates various non-bank business units including business units which provide commercial and life insurance premium financing in the United States, a premium finance company operating in Canada, a company providing short-term accounts receivable financing and value-added out-sourced administrative services to the temporary staffing services industry, a business unit engaging primarily in the origination and purchase of residential mortgages for sale into the secondary market throughout the United States, and companies providing wealth management services and qualified intermediary services for tax-deferred exchanges.
Wintrust Financial Corporation, including community banking and financial services subsidiaries, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
About Wintrust Financial Corporation
Wintrust is a financial holding company offering community and commercial banking, wealth management, and mortgage services.