A Software Engineer needs to have strong analytical and problem-solving abilities as well as a basic understanding in developing applications. Must be able to understand key business requirements as presented to them by business analysts, and be able to apply these requirements to properly plan applications from a technical standpoint.
* Coordinate and collaborate with business analysts to assess business application requirements for the various business units
* Write code, test and debug software applications
* Recommend system changes and enhancements as appropriate
* Document software specifications and appropriately comment and document code
* 0-4 years of experience as a software engineer.
* A bachelor's degree in business, information systems or computer science is preferred.
* Proficiency in at least one or more contemporary development languages such as Microsoft .NET, C#/C , Java Enterprise Edition/AJAX and HTML is required.
* Experience with version control, documentation, and advanced programming frameworks, and other software development tools, is a plus.
* Experience in the banking and financial services sector is a plus.
* Experience collaborating in a regulated team development environment, with full separation of environment and responsibilities is a plus.
* Advanced certification in appropriate field is a plus.
As your local community bank, we work hard to support the neighborhoods we serve. We are members of many local chambers of commerce, and we're active in local charities, local government, school boards and community development activities. At Wintrust you can "Have it All" with access to the big bank resources and the customer service you can only get from a local community bank that makes decisions locally and still calls customers by their name. We invite you to be part of the Wintrust team by submitting your application today!
Wintrust is a financial holding company with assets of over $30 billion whose common stock is traded on the NASDAQ Global Select Market. Built on the "HAVE IT ALL" model, Wintrust offers sophisticated technology and resources of a large bank while focusing on providing service-based community banking to each and every customer. Wintrust operates fifteen community bank subsidiaries, with over 160 banking locations located in the greater Chicago and southern Wisconsin market areas. Additionally, Wintrust operates various non-bank business units including business units which provide commercial and life insurance premium financing in the United States, a premium finance company operating in Canada, a company providing short-term accounts receivable financing and value-added out-sourced administrative services to the temporary staffing services industry, a business unit engaging primarily in the origination and purchase of residential mortgages for sale into the secondary market throughout the United States, and companies providing wealth management services and qualified intermediary services for tax-deferred exchanges.
Wintrust Financial Corporation, including community banking and financial services subsidiaries, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
Wintrust is a financial holding company, with more than 155 community bank locations, serving the Chicago area, southern Wisconsin and northwest Indiana.