The RealReal is leading the way in authenticated luxury consignment, online and in real life at our brick and mortar locations. Founded in 2011, we're growing fast and fundamentally changing the way people buy and sell luxury - a multi-billion dollar industry. With a team of in-house experts who inspect every item we sell, our commitment to authenticity sets us apart and creates a foundation of trust with shoppers and consignors. Our mission to extend the life cycle of luxury items is leading innovation in sustainable fashion. We're proud to promote the circular economy and to be the first luxury member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundation's prestigious CE100 USA.
Employees at The RealReal are dedicated, collaborative and innovative, and we're looking for exceptional talent to join our team. Build your career with us and enjoy 401K matching, health, dental and vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mother's room, and flexible work hours!
As a Data Scientist at The RealReal, you'll drive our production automation, pricing optimization and data pipeline initiatives utilizing Machine Learning (Deep Learning) modeling. You will own critical systems throughout the platform and be responsible for adding new, valuable features, and ensuring that these systems perform correctly.
This position is based in San Francisco, CA.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Design and test Machine Learning models utilizing Deep Learning layered algorithms to create highly accurate systems used in operations, centering on pricing optimization & dynamic pricing using tools like Reinforcement learning
* Write production quality code
* Take ownership of key components, ensuring that they meet the needs of the business
* Collaborate with senior management, product management, and other engineers in the development of product requirements for the company's software
* Participate in architectural and scientific discussions
* Work to make The RealReal an innovator in the space by bringing passion and new ideas to work every day
* 2+ years post-academic, professional work experience with Machine Learning and Deep Learning
* Experience with Reinforcement learning, agent-based modeling and/or multi-arm bandits
* 2+ years post-academic, professional work experience with github and cloud applications such as GCP & AWS
* Fluency in Python & SQL
* An in-depth knowledge and work experience that showcases your skills
* Comfortable working in an environment where innovation and change are the norm
* A passion for building great products
* A quantitative degree
NICE TO HAVE
* Reinforcement Learning
* Startup experience
* Experience writing APIs for use in production
* Rare event modeling
* CNN / LSTM experience
About The RealReal
The RealReal is a company engaged in authenticated luxury consignment.