The RealReal is leading the way in authenticated luxury consignment, online and in real life at our brick and mortar locations. Founded in 2011, we're growing fast and fundamentally changing the way people buy and sell luxury - a multi-billion dollar industry. With a team of in-house experts who inspect every item we sell, our commitment to authenticity sets us apart and creates a foundation of trust with shoppers and consignors. Our mission to extend the life cycle of luxury items is leading innovation in sustainable fashion. We're proud to promote the circular economy and to be the first luxury member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundation's prestigious CE100 USA.
Employees at The RealReal are dedicated, collaborative and innovative, and we're looking for exceptional talent to join our team. Build your career with us and enjoy 401K matching, health, dental and vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mother's room, and flexible work hours!
As a Lead Data Scientist at The RealReal you'll drive our automation, personalization and data pipeline initiatives. You will own critical systems throughout the platform and be responsible for their adding new, valuable features, and ensuring that these systems perform correctly.
This position is based in San Francisco, CA and reports to the Director of Data Engineering.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Design and test machine learning models to create highly accurate systems used in operations
* Write production quality code
* Take ownership of key components, ensuring that they meet the needs of the business
* Collaborate with senior management, product management, and other engineers in the development of product requirements for the company's software
* Mentor team members to build the company's overall expertise
* Work to make The RealReal an innovator in the space by bringing passion and new ideas to work every day
* A quantitative degree.
* 4-6 years of experience in a similar role
* 4-6 years of machine learning experience with heavy focus on CNN architectures
* 4-6 years of experience with github, working with cloud systems application hosting, file storage, etc.
* Fluency in Python & SQL
* High degree of familiarity with: Sklearn, Tensorflow / Keras & Computer Vision
* An in-depth knowledge or project you can showcase your skills
* Comfortable working in an environment where innovation and change are the norm
* A passion for building great products
NICE TO HAVE
* E-commerce experience
* Startup experience
* Experience writing APIs for use in production
* LSTM architectures and sequence models
* Rare event modeling
About The Realreal
The RealReal is a company engaged in authenticated luxury consignment.