The RealReal is leading the way in authenticated luxury consignment, online and in real life at our brick and mortar locations. Founded in 2011, we're growing fast and fundamentally changing the way people buy and sell luxury - a multi-billion dollar industry. With a team of in-house experts who inspect every item we sell, our commitment to authenticity sets us apart and creates a foundation of trust with shoppers and consignors. Our mission to extend the life cycle of luxury items is leading innovation in sustainable fashion. We're proud to promote the circular economy and to be the first luxury member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundation's prestigious CE100 USA.
Employees at The RealReal are dedicated, collaborative and innovative, and we're looking for exceptional talent to join our team. Build your career with us and enjoy 401K matching, health, dental and vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mother's room, and flexible work hours!
In this role your work will directly impact supply and operations which are critical to our business. You will work closely with multiple engineering teams in architecting, designing and implementing features impacting end-user experience as well as internal flows for high operational efficiency. This is a people management role where engineers will report to you and rely on you for mentorship and growth. You will be responsible for managing the performance and career development of your team. As an engineering leader, teams will look to you to provide guidance on best practices and architecture design.
This position is based in San Francisco, CA and will report to the Senior Director of Engineering.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Help define technical strategy and architecture.
* Work with leadership to ensure optimal resource allocation.
* Coordinate cross-team engineering efforts and technical requirements.
* Coach, provide guidance to, and mentor team members.
* Review pull requests and provide constructive feedback. Pair up with someone to work together on a feature.
* Work with senior leadership to define the roadmap.
* Produce high quality, performant, testable code.
* 2+ years of experience managing a development team.
* 8+ yrs web development experience.
* Experience working with product management to align on objectives and risks.
* Fluency with any of Ruby, Elixir, Erlang.
* Strong understanding of web-app performance fundamentals and related dev tools.
* Strong database fundamentals and experience with MySql or Postgresql.
* Worked with search engines such as Algolia, ElasticSearch, Lucene, Solr.
* Experience using async message queues such as Kafka.
* Mastery of git and Github workflows.
* Bachelor of Computer Science degree or equivalent.
NICE TO HAVE
* Experience with Elixir, Phoenix
* Experience with GraphQL
* Experience with Kafka
* Experience with micro-services architecture
* Advanced CS degree or equivalent
* Startup experience
About The RealReal
The RealReal is a company engaged in authenticated luxury consignment.