The RealReal is leading the way in authenticated luxury consignment, online and in real life at our brick and mortar locations. Founded in 2011, we're growing fast and fundamentally changing the way people buy and sell luxury - a multi-billion dollar industry. With a team of in-house experts who inspect every item we sell, our commitment to authenticity sets us apart and creates a foundation of trust with shoppers and consignors. Our mission to extend the life cycle of luxury items is leading innovation in sustainable fashion. We're proud to promote the circular economy and to be the first luxury member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundation's prestigious CE100 USA.
Employees at The RealReal are dedicated, collaborative and innovative, and we're looking for exceptional talent to join our team. Build your career with us and enjoy 401K matching, health, dental and vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mother's room, and flexible work hours!
As a Data Engineer at The RealReal you'll drive automation, personalization and data pipeline initiatives. You will own critical systems throughout the platform and be responsible for their development, adding new, valuable features, and ensuring that these systems perform correctly.
This position is based in San Francisco, CA.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Collaborate with senior management, product management, and other engineers in the development of data products
* Develop reliable, near real time and batch data pipelines that make data easily consumable by end users and other systems
* Develop tools to monitor, debug, and analyze data pipelines
* Design and implement data schemas and models that can scale
* Mentor team members to build the company's overall expertise
* Work to make The RealReal an innovator in the space by bringing passion and new ideas to work every day
* Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders to define requirements
* Strong knowledge of Python & SQL
* Experience with cloud platforms (GCP, AWS, AZURE) with strong preference to GCP
* Experience with BigQuery or similar (Redshift, Snowflake, other MPP databases)
* Experience building data pipelines & ETL
* Experience with command line, version control software (git)
NICE TO HAVE
* Experience with Airflow
* E-commerce experience
* Startup experience
* Experience with data streaming such as Apache Kafka, AWS kinesis, Spark Streaming, or similar tools
* Experience with many other big data technologies at scale
* Experience with ETL tools such as Segment
* Experience with BI tools such as Looker
About The RealReal
The RealReal is a company engaged in authenticated luxury consignment.