The RealReal is leading the way in authenticated luxury consignment, online and in real life at our brick and mortar locations. Founded in 2011, we're growing fast and fundamentally changing the way people buy and sell luxury - a multi-billion dollar industry. With a team of in-house experts who inspect every item we sell, our commitment to authenticity sets us apart and creates a foundation of trust with shoppers and consignors. Our mission to extend the life cycle of luxury items is leading innovation in sustainable fashion. We're proud to promote the circular economy and to be the first luxury member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundation's prestigious CE100 USA.
Employees at The RealReal are dedicated, collaborative and innovative, and we're looking for exceptional talent to join our team. Build your career with us and enjoy 401K matching, health, dental and vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mother's room, flexible work hours!
At The RealReal the product engineering team is composed of strong full-stack engineers and is instrumental in the success of our high-end fashion marketplace business. You will be exposed to the latest technology, a pervasive data-driven culture, while surrounded by a friendly, helpful team. The fast growth of our business gives you the opportunity to make a strong impact.
This position is based out of San Francisco or The RealReal Midtown in Manhattan / New York City, and will report to the Sr. Director of Engineering. As part of the Technology team your work will directly impact many aspects of our business. We are a fast-paced startup and follow a continuous delivery practice, you should be comfortable supporting testing needs for multiple releases every week.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Review architecture and provide feedback before development begins.
* Work closely with product and development teams to review features, identify test cases and align on regression strategy.
* Perform QA including regression testing, system testing, and black box testing of new applications and enhancements of existing applications; update documentation with information gathered during QA cycle.
* Evaluate and prioritize bugs discovered in production.
* 5+ years of professional software QA experience with both manual and automated tests.
* 3+ years of experience API & back-end testing.
* Hands-on experience with testing, analyzing and troubleshooting communication between front-end and APIs.
* Able to scope testing effectively, balancing testing requirements against product release schedules.
* Automated testing using Runscope and Ghost Inspector.
* Strong understanding of web-app performance fundamentals and related dev tools.
* Strong database fundamentals and experience with MySql or Postgresql.
* Mastery of git and Github workflows.
* Bachelor of Computer Science degree or equivalent.
NICE TO HAVE
* Advanced CS degree or equivalent.
* Experience with iOS automated testing.
About The Realreal
The RealReal is a company engaged in authenticated luxury consignment.