The RealReal is leading the way in authenticated luxury consignment, online and at our brick and mortar locations. Founded in 2011, we're growing fast and fundamentally changing the way people buy and sell luxury - a multi-billion dollar industry. With a team of in-house experts who inspect every item we sell, our commitment to authenticity sets us apart and creates a foundation of trust with shoppers and consignors. Our mission to extend the life cycle of luxury items is leading innovation in sustainable fashion. We're proud to promote the circular economy and to be the first luxury member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundation's prestigious CE100 USA.
As part of the DevOps team, the Senior Site Reliability Engineer will design for scalability + maintain reliability of our platforms, as well as help develop our infrastructure and code pipelines. Major projects may include platform migrations, disaster recovery deployments, and more. Bring your thorough, practiced understanding of DevOps and help shape The RealReal's production infrastructure and Engineering culture.
This full time, permanent position is based out of our San Francisco HQ or New York office.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Design, build and evolve our production cloud infrastructure, strategically employing automation, and infrastructure-as-code (IaC). Use depth of cloud experience to put together elegant designs that the team will enjoy supporting.
* Design, build and evolve our code pipelines, designing and building automation in order to enable agile software development, using self-service where possible.
* Collaborate efficiently and effectively with Engineers and Product teams on complex problems involving functionality and scaling/performance.
* Drive ad-hoc troubleshooting teams towards solutions and proper rollouts.
* Advocate for and ensure compliance with 12 Factor methodology in our apps.
* Keep a strong level of quality and velocity in your work, while collaborating and reporting when appropriate.
* Exercise and promote security best practices throughout your workflow.
* Participate in an on-call rotation on a regular basis and respond to incidents reliably and professionally.
* Experience tuning and troubleshooting performance for high traffic web services.
* 5+ yrs DevOps or Systems Administration (UNIX) experience, with at least 3 years of cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP).
* 2+ yrs Automation experience using popular languages (bash, python, etc).
* Experience building Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) workflows.
* Proficient with crafting concise and professional communications during emergency production infrastructure incidents.
* Strong understanding of the software development lifecycle and network protocols, including HTTP, HTTPS, TCP, SSL/TLS, and relevant diagnostic tools.
* Database fundamentals and experience with MySQL or PostgreSQL. Understanding of git and Github workflows.
* Packaging, deployment, and support of containerized (Docker) applications.
NICE TO HAVE
* Experience deploying microservices environments.
* Experience converting applications to run in Docker containers, and with orchestration layers.
* Experience using terraform with multiple providers and/or integrated with a build/release system.
* Experience in software development.
* Computer Science or Engineering degree.
About The RealReal
The RealReal is a company engaged in authenticated luxury consignment.