The RealReal is leading the way in authenticated luxury consignment, online and in real life at our brick and mortar locations. Founded in 2011, we're growing fast and fundamentally changing the way people buy and sell luxury - a multi-billion dollar industry. With a team of in-house experts who inspect every item we sell, our commitment to authenticity sets us apart and creates a foundation of trust with shoppers and consignors. Our mission to extend the life cycle of luxury items is leading innovation in sustainable fashion. We're proud to promote the circular economy and to be the first luxury member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundation's prestigious CE100 USA.
Employees at The RealReal are dedicated, collaborative and innovative, and we're looking for exceptional talent to join our team. Build your career with us and enjoy 401K matching, health, dental and vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mother's room and flexible work hours!
The DevOps team is seeking Senior Engineers to tackle an ambitious project pipeline including solutions for disaster recovery, dynamic development environments, and more. Bring your thorough, practiced understanding of DevOps, Cloud Infrastructure, and Site Reliability to this team where you will be expected to make an impact. As a new member of this growing team, help shape The RealReal's production infrastructure and Engineering culture.
This full time, permanent position is based in San Francisco, CA.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Maintain and evolve our production infrastructure, strategically employing automation, and infrastructure-as-code
* Build and maintain our code pipelines, designing and building automation in order to enable agile software development, using self-service where possible
* Collaborate efficiently and effectively with Engineers and Product teams on complex problems
* Build and contribute to infrastructure services, keeping with 12 Factor methodology
* Quickly absorb context and tribal knowledge while ramping up and using that to build or bolster documentation
* Keep a strong level of quality and velocity in your work, while collaborating and reporting when appropriate
* Exercise and promote security best practices throughout your workflow
* Participate in an on-call rotation on a regular basis and respond to incidents reliably and professionally
* 5+ years combined experience in Site Reliability engineering and Cloud administration
* 2+ years automation experience using popular languages (bash, python, etc); software development background a plus
* 2+ yrs professional experience with UNIX-based Operating Systems
* Experience building Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (C/CD) workflows
* Experience tuning and troubleshooting performance for high traffic web services
* Proficient with crafting concise and professional communications during emergency production infrastructure incidents
* Strong understanding of the software development lifecycle
* Strong understanding of common network protocols, including HTTP, HTTPS, TCP, SSL/TLS, and relevant diagnostic tools
* Database fundamentals and experience with MySQL or PostgreSQL
* Git and Github workflows
* Understanding of packaging, deployment, and support of containerized (Docker) applications
NICE TO HAVE
* Experience deploying microservices environments
* Experience converting applications to run in Docker containers, and with orchestration layers
* Experience using Terraform with multiple providers and/or integrated with a Build/Release system
* Computer Science or Engineering degree
About The RealReal
The RealReal is a company engaged in authenticated luxury consignment.