First Republic Bank
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You'll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
Eagle Lending is responsible for student loan refinancing, professional loan programs, home equity lines of credit and small business loans. We provide high-touch service and customized products designed around our clients' needs. From refinancing student loan debt to buying a home, our team is leading the way for innovation at First Republic.
Discover the independence to grow and drive change
As a Data Engineer, you will play a crucial role in our Eagle Lending Group, building the data infrastructure that enables the team to conduct, analyze and consult on business decisions. You will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. Eagle Lending is focused on leveraging data and technology to acquire and engage the next generation of First Republic clients. You'll work in a fast-paced environment where your responsibilities can shift depending on business needs. You'll roll up your sleeves and help build the foundation that will allow us to continue to create critical reports and run analyses.
What you'll do as a Data Engineer:
* Build and prototype data pipelines and marts that collect, connect, centralize and curate data from various internal and external data sources to support analyses by business stakeholders.
* Design and implement robust, scalable solutions to reveal actionable insights into data.
* Manage, extend, design, and implement internal process improvements such as automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, modifying data model for greater scalability, etc.
* Work in close partnership with analysts, data scientists and product engineers to design and/or maintain scalable data models to address the Bank's business needs.
* Interaction cross-functionally with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging Bank data to enhance business solutions.
You could be a great fit if you have:
* A bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, math, science, statistics or a related quantitative field
* 4+ years of experience in data engineering, business intelligence, data warehousing, and related technologies
* Expertise in writing efficient SQL queries, including performance analysis, tuning and optimization
* Experience with database design and dimensional modeling
* Experience with RDS technologies such as SQL Server, as well as NoSQL technologies such as MongoDB
* Experience in programming languages such as Python, Java, and/or C++ (Python preferred)
* Experience with data related technologies such as Snowflake, Salesforce AWS, and Azure
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills to enable effective coordination across technical and nontechnical teams
* Ability to learn quickly, adapt to change, and self-organize in a dynamic environment
* Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
* Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hardworking team players. You'll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability - that's the First Republic way.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, to the extent consistent with applicable federal and/or state law.
About First Republic Bank
First Republic Bank offers private banking, private business banking and private wealth management services.