First Republic Bank
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You'll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
In Technology, we support First Republic's employees and clients through the acquisition, integration and management of the Bank's information technology systems and services. We drive innovation and explore emerging technologies so our people can be productive and focus on what matters most - providing extraordinary service.
The DevOps Program Manager is responsible for project planning, reporting and oversight of project execution of the DevOps portfolio of projects. This individual has a broad and thorough background in software project execution and knowledgeable in best practices for software development using Agile software development methodologies. This successful candidate has demonstrated experience executing numerous large scale and smaller technical projects in the software space. In-depth knowledge of project and program management is a must.
This role manages a complex set of projects as a cohesive program including capital planning, prioritization, project planning, reporting, execution, and validation of successful delivery. The role is a key strategic partner with technical, project management office and line of business groups spanning not only DevOps offerings, but also the systems and operations that the portfolio is dependent on.
This position in the future will manage program and project managers, other resources, and works with vendors to ensure that the program is fully coordinated between FRB technical and functional resources as well as vendors. Strong leadership and talent management skills are critical to the success of this role. Finally, this person will play a pivotal role, influencing others and driving change, including implementation of best practice software development processes.
What you'll do as a Program Manager:
* Responsible for the program management of a complex set of projects as a cohesive program including roadmaps, capital planning, resource planning, project planning, reporting, execution, and validation of successful delivery.
* Responsible for driving Agile delivery best practices in accordance with team maturity and style needs.
* Drives continual process improvement in project delivery, tied closely to client and business needs.
* Manages a team of project managers dedicated to the delivery of the DevOps portfolio of programs and inter-related projects.
* Serves as a strategic partner between many cross-functional teams including digital channels, enterprise project management, enterprise architecture, data management, information security, compliance, enterprise risk management and other technical and operational units. This requires a broad and thorough understanding and experience with technology operations and supporting technology.
* Evaluates, monitors, and manages risks across the program, escalating as appropriate. This includes executive communications within IS and externally.
* Ensures proper oversight and adherence to budgeting, financial forecasting, cost accounting standards across the programs.
* Contributes to ensuring adherence to corporate project management standards in a manner consistent with First Republic's entrepreneurial culture, and to the PMO's continual improvement.
What skills you will use:
* Advanced knowledge of project and program management.
* Significant operational / implementation experience with agile and waterfall software development methodologies
* 10 years of experience in project/program management with significant emphasis on successfully executing software projects.
* 5 years of experience with direct management and development of staff.
* Demonstrated experience strategically influencing project execution at a technology or related type of institution.
* Demonstrated experience with project process evaluation and improvement.
* Strong background in project management tools including backlog management, defect management, and collaboration tools.
* Must possess excellent written and oral communications skills and the ability to clearly define projects, objectives, goals, schedules and assignments.
* Must be able to clearly define and present ideas, and effectively communicate with all levels of management.
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You'll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability - that's the First Republic way.
About First Republic Bank
First Republic Bank offers private banking, private business banking and private wealth management services.