ENERGY FOR WHAT'S AHEAD
Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We're working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
About Information Technology (IT)
The role of IT goes beyond the traditional Information Technology "service provider." Many of the creative ideas and projects that craft the company's future and move SCE forward are dependent on technology. IT employees are at the heart of these projects, collaborating, crafting and executing technology solutions that are transforming our industry.
The Cybersecurity Risk Specialist will work with the Cybersecurity Risk Manager. The Cybersecurity Risk Specialist will analyze and assess new technologies, make secure design recommendations and identify residual cybersecurity risk with technology implementations. Your position will require collaboration with other cybersecurity teams such as incident response and engineering to help make risk based decisions to increase the cybersecurity risk posture of the Enterprise. Your participation in risk hunting activities will allow proactive identification of existing risks. Your contributions will directly protect critical infrastructure.
* Conduct cybersecurity risk assessments on various technical solutions, vendors, software, and hardware for threats and vulnerabilities.
* Determines deviations from standards or policies, identifies the level of risk, and develops and/or recommends appropriate mitigation countermeasures in operational and nonoperational environments.
* Research current industry vulnerabilities, and risk trends, and how they could impact the enterprise.
* Crafts recommendations for mitigating controls or remediation activity.
* Help develop and maintain enterprise cybersecurity policies and standards.
* Collaboratively researching and making recommendations on security requirements for new and emerging technology.
* Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* 3 years of experience in Cybersecurity Risk Management and/or Cybersecurity.
* Bachelor Degree in computer science, engineering or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
* GIAC, CISSP, CEH
* Experience working with MITRE Attack framework, CIS TOP 20, NIST 800-53.
* You are legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
* U.S. Citizenship required
Southern California Edison, an Edison International (NYSE:EIX) company, serves a population of approximately 15 million via 5 million customer accounts in a 50,000-square-mile service area within Central, Coastal and Southern California. Join the utility leader that is safely delivering reliable, affordable electricity to our customers for over 125 years.
SCE is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status
About Edison International
Edison International is a utility holding company which through its subsidiary Southern California Edison (SCE) distributes electricity in central, coastal, and southern California.