ENERGY FOR WHAT'S AHEAD
Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We're working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
About Information Technology
The role of IT goes beyond the traditional Information Technology "service provider." Many of the creative ideas and projects that craft the company's future and move SCE forward are dependent on technology. IT employees are at the heart of these projects, collaborating, crafting and executing technology solutions that are transforming our industry.
The Digital Transformation Cybersecurity Advisor will analyze and assess new technologies, perform data analysis, design and implement existing tool improvements, as well as participate in a collaborative inter-discipline environment. You will lead technical and security value discussions with software integrators, partners, senior technical decision makers as well as implement, monitor and maintain Cybersecurity technologies for the enterprise. You will be responsible for supporting the evaluation of the emerging project's solution and strategy services and by engaging with the SCE Digital Accelerator team projects through the cybersecurity lenses.
* Provide technical support to the project and engineering teams to drive business results and ensure cybersecurity vulnerabilities are identified to mitigate or close any possible risk related to ongoing projects.
* Ensure the implementation and maintenance of preventive, detective and corrective measures are in place (especially up- to-date security patches and virus control) across the organization to protect information systems and technology from malware (e.g., viruses, worms, spyware, spam).
* Uses security measures and related management procedures to ensure that information protections over all methods of connectivity related to the project efforts.
* Ensures endpoints (e.g., laptop, desktop, server and other mobile and network devices or software) are secured at a level that is equal to or greater than the defined security requirements of the information processed, stored or transmitted.
* Ensures that all users and systems have information access rights in accordance with their business requirements and are handled in accordance to the current Cybersecurity standards.
* Clearly defines and communicates the monitoring and response characteristics of potential security incidents and provide mentorship to the incident management process on how to take care of security incidents throughout the project life-cycle.
* Ensures ongoing information technology (IT) risk management programs including identification, classification and prioritization of risk associated with information resources are addressed during the project life-cycle.
* Supports project objectives by utilizing risk management programs and observations, makes recommendations as to the most helpful and cost effective approaches to addressing risk threatening cybersecurity.
* Document and share technology best practices as it relates to Cybersecurity standards and with prospective customers to support the implementation of tools and technology that enable Cybersecurity protections, identify potential gaps in monitoring and response capabilities to ensure Company infrastructure security measures are met or mitigated timely.
* Apply technical skills and experience in solution architecture to define appropriate customer integration patterns.
* Develop and deliver technical updates and other customized training sessions for high value partners to ensure Cybersecurity best practices and objectives are met.
* Participates in and advises on disaster recovery exercises to ensure the Company is not vulnerable to unforeseen circumstances that would lead to significant delays to the recovery of critical systems.
* Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* Seven years of technical experience with at least five or more years of experience in the field of Cyber Security.
* Bachelor Degree in specialized field or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
* CISSP or GSEC.
* Nine years of technical experience with at least five or more years of experience in the field of Cyber Security.
* Digital Transformation experience - mobile applications, automation, data analytics, SDLC etc.
* Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
* Relocation may apply to this position.
* This position will potentially require working after hours during emergencies or crises.
Southern California Edison, an Edison International (NYSE:EIX) company, serves a population of approximately 15 million via 5 million customer accounts in a 50,000-square-mile service area within Central, Coastal and Southern California. Join the utility leader that is safely delivering reliable, affordable electricity to our customers for over 125 years.
SCE is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
About Edison International
Edison International is a utility holding company which through its subsidiary Southern California Edison (SCE) distributes electricity in central, coastal, and southern California.