A secure transformation to a digital enterprise requires enterprise organizations to proactively design a holistic digital security strategy and vision that is business-aligned and includes plans for enabling digital innovation while protecting and defending the enterprise from cyber threats. Microsoft Cybersecurity & Identity provides integrated solutions to help customers protect their critical assets from internal and external threats.
As a Cybersecurity & Identity GTM Lead in Microsoft Services, your role is to orchestrate design of the Cybersecurity & Identity Go-To-Market (GTM) plan and drive its execution across 14 WW Areas. The customer segment for this role is Enterprise, made up of large commercial and public-sector customers, all of whom have a direct Microsoft relationship and make up a significant portion of Microsoft's overall business. Increasing growth and value for these customers requires engaging and nurturing multiple Business Decision Makers (BDMs, such as Chief Information Security Officer, Compliance Officer, Head of Risk Management) and IT Decision Makers (ITDMs) roles across the customer lifecycle, from sales to operations and support.
We are focused on and measure ourselves against successful customer outcomes. We value a highly collaborative style in our team members and look for people who can apply strategic thinking, bring excellent analytical skills, all combined with strong execution. Specifically, for this role, we are looking for a candidate with a good understanding of the cybersecurity market and trends and technology provided by Microsoft and other solution providers.
Your background in enterprise customer marketing will be highly appreciated, as well as experience of sales planning, pipeline analysis, readiness and execution. Digital marketing, social selling and account-based marketing experience will all be important for this role. You will leverage this experience to develop thought leadership materials through storytelling and creative design to ensure that customers want to engage Microsoft for cybersecurity and identity technology / solution adoption. In your role you will work with Areas Services Solution Strategy Managers (SSSM) to support Services Sales Solution Professionals (SSSPs) focusing on selling cybersecurity and identity. You will execute your plan through and with Microsoft's field structure worldwide by collaborating with Product Groups (PG), Enterprise Operation Unit (EOU), Marketing and Operations teams (M&O). The Cybersecurity & Identity GTM execution requires alignment and integration across all solution areas (Modern Workplace, Applications and Infrastructure, Business Applications and Data & Artificial Intelligence), Industries, Customer Support and Digital Advisory Services.
The Cybersecurity & Identity GTM Lead will be part of a team of Solution Area Go-to-Market Managers (Applications & Infrastructure, Cybersecurity & Identity, Modern Workplace, Data & AI, Business Applications) who are responsible for designing and orchestrating GTM plans and their execution respectively for each solution area.
The Solution Area Go-to-Market team is a fun, high-energy team that values innovation and risk-taking, passion for customers, both internal and external, and defining and living up to the highest standards of accountability as we redesign the customer journey, end to end. We will hold the Cybersecurity & Identity GTM Lead to the same standards that we apply to ourselves: we will expect the Cybersecurity & Identity GTM Lead to aspire for excellence, lead by example, create clarity, energy and passion for the business, have an entrepreneur mindset, and to be constantly learning and seeking feedback deliver the most successful customer journey.
* 5+ years of experience in the development and implementation of GTM plan for Cybersecurity and Identity solutions, account-based marketing, digital marketing or enterprise B2B sales / marketing on different levels (local, regional, corporate)
* Security capability knowledge in technologies leveraging those built directly into Azure, Hybrid Connected, as well as those combined with Windows 10, EMS and M365
* Smart use of Opensource solutions in the space is a plus, particularly in how they fit into the all up security and solution work in our largest customers
* Demonstrated ability to influence Sales teams on integrating Security concepts into broader Solution work - particularly in early stage pipeline generation and attach
* Highly programmatic, with a proven success to manage cross team initiatives
* Ability to think strategically and communicate effectively with all levels of management
* Demonstrated ability to achieve results in an ambiguous and changing environment
* Strong collaborator; influence and negotiation across multiple cross-org stakeholders.
* Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects under tight deadlines
* Strong analytical skills used to facilitate data-driven prioritization of targeted customers and customer relevant customer engagement activities and issues resolution
* Excellent presentation, verbal and written communications skills are required
* Bachelor's degree in business or equivalent work experience preferred, MBA a plus
* Professional experience in Consulting Services a plus
Willingness to travel 20%+ of the time.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Partnering with Secure Infrastructure (SI) Domain Solution Strategy Team to align the Domain strategy with the GTM execution plan, including sales acceleration programs.
* Driving alignment across multiple Solution Areas, Industries, Customer Support and Digital Advisory Services to ensure that cybersecurity and identity is properly integrated in respective GTM plans and as a result provide a comprehensive story for the Field and customers
* Partnering with M&O, Product Groups, EOU and internal Services teams to ensure alignment and consistency in the Cybersecurity and Identity GTM strategy, Roles & Responsibilities and Taxonomy
Go-To-Market Design and Performance:
* Developing and governing Cybersecurity & Identity GTM Framework, creating execution strategy and tracking performance of Cybersecurity & Identity GTM plan
* Developing Cybersecurity & Identity Key Plays BOM including sales play battle cards, value proposition, customer digital conversations to generate demand and accelerate opportunities. Acting as an Expert on the GTM content to support Field readiness activities.
* Delivering key analyses and insights on GTM performance for Monthly and Quarterly business Reviews (MBRs & QBRs), etc., prioritizing issues that need immediate attention and driving correction of error plans.
* Driving pipeline maturity (12 month rolling pipeline) through targeted audience engagement, demand generation and deal acceleration to contribute to the Cybersecurity & Identity business KPIs achievements ( New Work Sold (NWS) revenue attainment, growth of BDM contacts and Quarter +2/+3 pipeline coverage)
* Designing customer targeting guidance and engagement models to identify Cybersecurity & Identity high propensity accounts, leading to new opportunities or to the acceleration of existing opportunities. Acting as an Expert on the Targeting Tool to support Field readiness activities.
* Designing HQ orchestrated sales campaigns to drive Quarter +2/+3 pipeline coverage or partner with the Field to co-created targeted activities to address Areas specific business needs
* Driving Field communication with Cybersecurity & Identity Services Solutions Strategy Managers to promote and drive usage of GTM assets in 14 Areas.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.