We are looking for a strong Software Engineer who is passionate about big data and building large scale services to taken on massive data and cater to cater to increasing use cases at lower latency. You will be part of a very strong and fun group building very large-scale data infrastructure, developing advanced and practical data mining, machine learning, statistics, and measurement techniques solving the hottest and most challenging problems in the world to real impact. Here, you have the right environment and strong support to drive your passionate features into solution. You are empowered to influence millions of end users while impacting huge businesses like Office, Bing and others. You will have opportunities to work together with world class developers and researchers to stay in the forefront of advancing technologies, such as big data, data mining, data processing platform, metrics, BI, machine learning, online experimentation, statistics, cloud computing, search, and ads.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or equivalent) is required
* 4+ years of experience of design, development in .net framework with industry experience in shipping products
* Ability to work independently in a team to deliver innovative solutions solving challenging business/technical problems from high level vision and architecture, down to quality design and implementation.
* Background in working with distributed systems and 24x7 online services are strongly desired
* Strong algorithm and analytical background and very good understanding on how to apply advanced knowledge to solve real problems
* Experience in parallel or distributed processing, high performance computing, stream computing and SCOPE is a plus
* Self-motivated and self-directed and be able to work constructively with a wide variety of people, team and changing business priorities
Effective verbal and written communication skills
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
In this role, you would be working on solving ambiguous problems, designing and developing services with high reliability, 24x7 availability. You would spend significant amount of time working with big data technologies like SCOPE and COSMOS, and at the same time would be creating high availability services based on new and upcoming streaming solutions in this area. This role great fit for people with passion for working with short release cycles and deliver quality software including architecture, design, development, test, ship and support the software. This role would require collaborating with multiple teams within Ads Marketplace, Ads Platform, Ads Data platform, Search Platform
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.