The Strategic Prototyping team is seeking an accomplished software and robotics engineer to help us in our goal to create and deploy high-quality AI systems that enhance situations in everyday life.
Currently, we are focused on embodying AI systems using physical robotic hardware. Such robots are expected to navigate within their environment, make decisions based on sensor input, and safely interact with objects, devices, and human beings. The robots connect to the cloud for global knowledge and cognitive services. Our team's mission is to design a software architecture for cloud-connected robots with hierarchal closed loop structures, and to deploy realized robotics systems on our own and partner company campuses.
As a member of the Strategic Prototyping team, this engineer is expected to develop innovative software and to realize working systems based on research results coming from inside of our team as well as other research teams at Microsoft. As a member of an engineering team in a research division, this engineer is required to have an ability to deal with ambiguity and the dynamic nature of high-risk/high-return projects.
* Minimum five-years' experience with robotics technologies, inverse kinematics, motion dynamics, and control theory
* Master's degree or PhD in Robotics or a related field
* Demonstrated ability to develop original engineering agendas with ambiguous sub-goals given by other research teams toward long-term goals
* Able to collaborate effectively with other researchers, engineers and product development teams.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Develop software for robotic mobile-manipulation systems to conduct various tasks while changing their locations and postures
* Develop software for programming-by-demonstration that allows robotic mobile-manipulation systems to learn how to perform tasks by observing human demonstrations
* Develop software for human-robot interaction that allows mobile-manipulation robot systems to perform smooth interactions with humans
* Develop software for indoor localization and navigation of mobile-manipulation robot systems
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.