Position Summary: We are looking for dynamic leaders who can develop and drive technical solutions with our customers so that we grow our share in traditional L-3 ISR Systems markets and expand to new application spaces and expanded roles in systems development. The position requires a combination of Systems Engineering and a deep Information Assurance / Cyber Security background to architect advanced solutions to complex IA/Cyber problems in networks and operational systems. The successful candidate will serve internal and external customers for security engineering, security architecture, assessments, trade studies and Authorization and Accreditation (A&A). This position is located in the ISR Systems Group Headquarters facility in Plano, TX, supporting the full portfolio of ISR Systems companies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* This candidate is expected to support the IA needs of multiple Cyber Security initiatives across the ISR Systems Group of companies and other corporate lines of business with additional responsibilities including: Compliance, Vulnerability Scanning & Management, Security Architecture, Authorization and Accreditation (A&A) with RMF, and IA Awareness & Training. The candidate will work with multiple stakeholders to support planning, strategy, customer expectations, and RMF transition execution across focused program.
* Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to providing technical security engineering support for software/hardware/network systems.
* This position will utilize Risk Management Framework implementation and management for systems.
* Candidate will apply system security and cybersecurity engineering principles to engineering issues and provide realistic and implementable configuration management solutions designed to enhance security posture.
* Strong writing and project management skills necessary to produce documentation required for certification evaluation.
* Must be able to work independently toward high-level goals, have creative problem-solving abilities; ability to prioritize and work collaboratively toward mutually agreeable solutions across boundaries.
* Able to oversee and manage vulnerability remediation efforts.
* Skilled and proficient in using IA/CND best practices for strategic planning and consultation.
Technical Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required:
* Significant experience performing IA activities in support of hardware, software and system requirements, design, development, testing and sustainment with ground, space, aircraft, or naval systems.
* Demonstrated experience supporting Department of Defense (DOD) or Intel IA Programs.
* Demonstrated experience with employment of DoD IA requirements, policies, and processes to include certification and accreditation as part of DIACAP or RMF process.
* Demonstrated ability to provide guidance on DoD Cyber/IA regulations and requirements to senior customers, senior L3 leaders in the Sensor Systems Group and the corporation
* Experience with Secure Configuration/Hardening of DoD Information Systems.
* Current knowledge in the latest industry trends and developments in enterprise IA solutions.
* Knowledge of intrusion detection and firewall system architecture and management with the ability to review and analyze configurations and make recommendations.
Technical Acumen - demonstrated hardware and software development knowledge in support of Information Assurance and Cyber Security best practices, including design, analysis, test, verification.
* Able to sit for prolonged periods and use a computer/keyboard
* Able to use standard office equipment
* Able to lift 10 pounds and reach for items on shelves
* Typical office environment
* Fast paced, schedule-driven environment
* Willing and able to work extended hours when necessary
* Some travel required (25-50%)
* Minimum of 10 years' experience in IA/Cyber Security environment
* Bachelor's degree in engineering (Master's degree desired in engineering, technology management or business management)
* Demonstrated ability to lead or collaborate in cross-functional teams in advanced technology development and business development pursuits
* Demonstrated ability to create innovative solutions ̶ with clear competitive advantages ̶ to complex problems
* Excellent written and oral communication/presentation skills; able to present complex technology concepts in a clear and effective manner
* Must possess the following additional skills: organization and planning, problem analysis and problem-solving, team-leadership, formal presentation, persuasiveness, adaptability, innovation, judgment, decision-making, stress tolerance, collaboration, self-motivation
* Ability to obtain a secret clearance
L-3 Technologies is a prime contractor in Command, Control, Communications, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C3ISR) systems, aircraft modernization and maintenance, and government services. L-3 is also a leading provider of a broad range of electronic systems used on military and commercial platforms. Our customers include the U.S. Department of Defense and its prime contractors, U.S. Government intelligence agencies, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Department of State, U.S. Department of Justice, allied foreign governments, domestic and foreign commercial customers and select other U.S. federal, state and local government agencies.
L-3 ISR Systems Overview
L-3 ISR Systems business segment is comprised of the following business units: Advanced Laser System Technology (ALST), Brashear, CALZONI, Chesapeake Sciences Corporation (CSC), Cincinnati Electronics, L-3 EO/IR, EOTech, ForceX, Insight Technology, KEO, MariPro, Micreo, Mobile-Vision, Ocean Systems, Oceania, Ocean Server, Sonoma EO, SSG, TRL Technology, Warrior Systems and WESCAM.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.
About L3 Technologies
L3 Technologies (formerly known as L-3 Communications) is a company developing pilot training, aviation security, night vision, weapons, maritime systems, and space solutions.