Senior Program Scheduler
Our world-class expertise in connecting space, airborne, ground and sea-based platforms with secure, real-time data drives our communications business in addressing the heightened global demand for advanced solutions. As a prime contractor, we are a key integrator in state-of-the-art maritime platforms. Our power conversion, power conditioning and power protection solutions can be found in a wide range of demanding military and commercial environments around the world. We embrace innovative and progressive ideas to advance our products for our customers across the globe.
We are searching for a Senior Program Scheduler at our Power Management- Leesburg, VA, location to support our Naval DoD customer.
You will demonstrate success by:
* Establishing Work Breakdown Structures (WBSs), and related dictionaries, Basis of Estimates (BOEs), Resource Loaded Networks (RLNs), detailed Budgets, and Earned Value methodologies.
* Developing Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) based on project scope and contract requirements.
* Integrating the output of the IMS with Earned Value Systems and Actuals to generate financial reports.
* Cost Reporting on Government programs - IPMR/CPR/CFSR.
* Generating and maintain schedules for large and complex projects.
* Providing input and recommendations to project managers and senior management regarding scheduling conflicts/changes.
* Identifying major milestones, decision points, project life-cycle and other project events in the program and portray them in the schedule.
* Participating in schedule reviews with Integrated Product Team (IPT) Leads, Program Managers, Cost Account Managers (CAMS) and other program personnel.
* Coordinating and consolidate inputs to ensure all detailed work plans are consistent with and included in the Integrated Master Schedule.
* Analyzing, monitoring and reviewing all project schedules to ensure resource limitations, interdependencies, and risks are addressed.
* Preparing data in support of Internal Program Reviews.
* Providing planning assistance to program managers as needed.
* Improving forecasting tools and procedures through application of innovative ideas and projects.
* Identifying project and resource dependencies (predecessors and successors) to develop a predictive and realistic project schedule.
* Updating and maintain project schedule/cost information data such as progress, manpower budget, and project performance.
* Determining and illustrating critical path drivers.
* Developing custom ﬁelds, reports, and macros.
* Understanding of Schedule Risk Assessment (SRA)
* Communicating clearly with technical, business, and executive stakeholders.
Our Values are an integral part of who we are. We seek candidates who share our values:
* Bachelors Degree in a related business or technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
* Minimum of five (5) years related experience in the aerospace and defense industry with a government contractor in a manufacturing environment. Specific experience in the maritime defense industry preferred.
* 5-10 years of scheduling experience using Microsoft Project 2007/2010.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Access.
* Proficient in other Microsoft suite tools, particularly Excel.
* Knowledge of EVMS systems (Proteus, Cobra, EVMax).
* 5 years relevant cost control experience.
* Familiarity an EVMS architecture compliant with DI-MGMT-81466, ANSI-748b, and Formats 1-7 as well as industry best practices.
* Excellent analytical, project management and organizational skills with keen attention to detail.
* Skilled in time, priority and task management.
* Able to work in multi-disciplinary team environment.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to travel as required, and work any shift, weekends, and overtime as required.
SAVING LIVES AND MAKING THE WORLD A SAFER PLACE TO LIVE
L3 Technologies, Inc. is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3 provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. L3 maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.
About L3 Technologies
L3 Technologies (formerly known as L-3 Communications) is a company developing pilot training, aviation security, night vision, weapons, maritime systems, and space solutions.