L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
Software Engineering Intern
Our world-class expertise in connecting space, airborne, ground and sea-based platforms with secure, real-time data drives our communications business in addressing the heightened global demand for advanced solutions. As a prime contractor, we are a key integrator in state-of-the-art maritime platforms. Our power conversion, power conditioning and power protection solutions can be found in a wide range of demanding military and commercial environments around the world. We embrace innovative and progressive ideas to advance our products for our customers across the globe.
We are searching for a Software Engineering Intern at our Power Management - Leesburg, VA location.
In this position, you will work in a team development environment, working closely with internal engineering, and manufacturing organizations. You would be responsible for contributing to the day-to-day software development.
You will demonstrate success by:
* * * Responsible for the source code development, supporting other software engineers. This includes software application development, including hardware/software integration, software documentation and following out ISO processes.
* Responsible for delivering solutions that meet requirements and delivery timeframes.
* Designing, coding and debugging applications in C/C and Java.
* Object-oriented Design and Analysis (OOA and OOD)
* Front-end graphical user interface design.
* Support, maintain and document software functionality.
* Integrate software with new and existing systems.
* Evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation.
* Maintain standard compliance.
Our Values are an integral part of who we are. We seek candidates who share our values:
* Integrity * Excellence
* IND * LI-CW1
* Must be a Computer Science or Engineering College Student. * Must have at least one college experience with C/C and Java. * Ability to contribute in the design and release of reliable software systems. * Excellent Communication skills both verbal and written. * Great presentation skills. * Demonstrated technical development capability. * Software technical background in programming real-time control system applications is highly preferred. * Ability to work in a hands-on position. * Must be resourceful, organized
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
About L3 Technologies
L3 Technologies (formerly known as L-3 Communications) is a company developing pilot training, aviation security, night vision, weapons, maritime systems, and space solutions.