L3 Technologies is a prime contractor in Command, Control, Communications, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C3ISR) systems market and a leading provider of a broad range of electronic systems used on both military and commercial platforms. Our customers include the U.S. Department of Defense and its prime contractors, U.S. Government intelligence agencies, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, allied foreign governments, domestic and foreign commercial customers and select other U.S. federal, state and local government agencies.
Organized into 3 segments - Electronic Systems, Communications Systems and Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) Systems - L3 Technologies employs over 31,000 people worldwide with reported 2017 sales of $9.5 billion.
About L3 ISR Segment
L3's ISR Systems Segment brings together a broad collection of some 30 unique L3 divisions across 10 business areas to offer a diverse portfolio of innovative sensor and intelligence technologies across the maritime, land, airborne, space, cyber and warfighter domains. Comprised of 15,000 employees in 5 countries including in 16 states in 40 locations, we are a global partner of choice
The IT Coordinator will provide professional high-level technical support to various levels of employees, including the executive leadership team. This job requires the ability to capture IT business requirements, to coordinate and manage IT projects to ensure timely completion, and to prepare regular IT reports for management. This position will report directly to the Director of IT.
Essential Job Functions & Duties
* Assists with the successful implementation of the IT plan, working with management and across departments, and trains the individuals who will need to use it; creates technical documentation and documents IT work processes.
* Opens, assigns, and monitors support tickets; updates customers and tickets daily and resolve tickets as per the SLA guidelines of the ticket; collaborates with technical coordinators on team ticket status to ensure timely resolutions; has full-ownership of ServiceNow assignments from ticket inception to successful resolution.
* Maintains availability to provide first service level support on all enterprise systems platforms; including but not limited to phone support, walk-up support, and remotely across time zones; responds to Client inquiries via phone, email and instant message; monitors and responds to manager's line for emergency calls.
* Diagnoses issues when computers or other technologies are not working as they should; troubleshoots and diagnoses hardware or software issues as well as install updates and applications; investigates appropriate areas of potential problems and determine resolutions; tests and implements solutions or plans for repair or replacement of computers and other forms of technology.
* Maintains hardware and software inventory and replacement/renewal schedule, assists with ordering supplies and equipment, and process vendor billings.
* Coordinates with various departments to facilitate on-time site maintenance; manages the flow of all site maintenance work orders by scheduling of technicians and parts needed to perform maintenance activities; develops and maintains best practices for all activities that affect site maintenance scheduling.
* Compiles performance metrics on trends and potential improvements and prepares regular reports for management; provides status updates through clear and verbal communications in a professional and concise manner.
* Serves as an advocate of L3's business code of conduct / ethics policies.
* Monitors, reviews, and analyzes the schedule and status of site maintenance during all phases of a project including the analysis of any schedule deviations and corrective actions; create and maintain production schedules that support and align with the project requirements.
* Performs additional duties as required.
* Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science, or related field from an accredited college or University preferred
* 2 years of experience in a client interfacing, IT Coordinator role; experience working in a ticketing system environment required; ServiceNow experience preferred.
* No security clearance needed, but must be eligible.
* Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills for communicating with both technical and non-technical employees.
* Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access)
* Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; possesses strong organization and prioritization skills.
* Ability to think quickly and react to stressful situations effectively with attention to detail and accuracy.
* Strong listening skills and critical thinking skills with the ability to understand end-user problems and convey them in technical language to other IT professionals.
* Comfortable working in a high volume, fast-paced, rapidly changing, results-oriented work environment
Knowledge and experience working with a helpdesk ticketing systems, such as ServiceNow
Windows OS platform and iPhone / iPad deployments
Remote IT and Businesses teams
Event planning / coordination
Able to sit for prolonged periods and use a computer/keyboard
Heavy lifting of equipment may be required
Typical office environment
Fast paced, result-driven environment
Willing and able to work extended hours when necessary. After hours, weekends, or holidays may be required if an operational emergency occurs or emergency support is needed.
Travel required (10% or more)
Our Values are an integral part of who we are. We seek candidates who share our values:
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.
About L3 Technologies
L3 Technologies (formerly known as L-3 Communications) is a company developing pilot training, aviation security, night vision, weapons, maritime systems, and space solutions.