WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US:
Built by the team that designed Facebook's technology to understand the needs of its first billion users, Interana provides the most powerful behavioral discovery platform to understand the behavior of any combination of actors (people and things), actions (behavior), and timeframe (seconds to years). Customers today demand companies meet them wherever they are - online, offline, at work, home or on the road. This digital transformation requires companies to understand what their customers' experiences are across each channel. Only Interana's continuous intelligence platform gives any employee who can use a spreadsheet users direct access to 100% of their customer event data, and still provides answers in seconds. Interana's Interactive Visual Interface™ is an easy-to-use UI providing users accessible, powerful, and instant discovery and analysis. Customers include Asana, Comcast, Goodyear, Microsoft, Sonos, and Uber among others.
Every day, the Support Engineering Team helps customer success, pre-sales, product, engineering, and most importantly our users, to solve any and all problems that come from working with billions of events. From educating users on product features to dealing with server outages, we're responsible for being the first line of defense in ensuring that our customers are happy and successful. We are engineers, first responders, detectives, teachers, students, and above all else a team. We are Interana Support Engineering, and we'd love for you to join us.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
* Cluster Surgery - We're responsible for creating, maintaining, and growing Interana environments that our customers use 24/7. Hardware, import, performance, monitoring, backups, and software upgrades are all part of our day to day. We also rotate being on-call outside of business hours for urgent issues so our customers are never left high and dry.
* Communication Wizardry - We create documentation, ask questions, and engage in critical discussion with and for our users. In all our projects, we make sure internal and external stakeholders are aware of developments. We're experts in all aspects of the product and enjoy sharing our knowledge and learning even more about it.
* Bomb Defusing - In addition to discovering problems, we also have a mandate to fix them as we have the technical and analytical skills to do so.
* Ticket Juggling - We prioritize lots of challenges from lots of people. We delegate, communicate, and manage our time to solve problems effectively, punctually, and in the right order.
* Sharing and Caring - We absorb information, learn skills, and set goals to grow as individuals, engineers, and leaders. We share customer successes, issues, and pain points across the broader Interana community.
* Sys Admin skills (linux, shell scripting)
* Basic experience with mySQL
NICE TO HAVES:
* Experience with Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and/or VMWare
* Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible
* Experience with system monitoring tools such as Datadog
* Experience with git, branching, and version control
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING:
* BS in Computer Science preferred, or equivalent technical experience - We are engineers. We fix problems, create solutions, write code, and build things. Previous technical/engineering work is a must.
* Strong problem solving skills in an interrupt-driven environment
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Self motivation and team spirit - An ability to take initiative and solve problems without direction from others is crucial. At the same time, we value and appreciate the opportunity to work with each other as a team.
* Analytics experience - We work with data daily, so an interest in and experience with collecting, importing, visualizing, exploring, and/or analyzing data is key.
Interana is an E-Verify participant
Analyze billions of events in seconds to understand how customers behave and products are used.