WHO WE ARE
Interana is changing the data analytics industry through our platform that allows infinite, sophisticated and layered questions to be asked of all of the customer data,. We bring an easy-to-use platform to the entire organization, instead of requiring trained data analysts to produce a limited set of static reports to make data-driven decisions. Our unique approach was originated by Facebook engineers who found the that the best commercial tools were not powerful enough to support real-time exploration of billions of daily user actions and interactions. With Interana, the entire organization can stop guessing and start knowing how and why customers are acting, interacting and transacting with their products and services, in real time and throughout all time.
You are analytical enough to think your way around complex scenarios and requirements. You are creative enough to independently discover the edge cases that nobody else noticed. You are organized enough to identify problems, break them down into pieces, and tackle them, without a lot of external supervision. You are looking to apply your skills to help build a fundamentally new product, that will one day be used by digital businesses everywhere. Lastly, you are looking to do this as a part of a small, elite team, at a company where we strongly value treating each other well and helping each other succeed.
What you'll be doing
* Identifying unexpected interactions between new or changed features and pre-existing features.
* Uncovering the edge cases that slip through the cracks in Product's plans or Development's extensive automated test coverage, despite our best efforts.
* Analyzing novel problems encountered in production environments and figuring out how to reproduce them under controlled circumstances.
* Systematically enumerating possible areas of exploration, prioritizing those areas, and keeping track of which areas have and haven't been explored.
* Working closely with Development and Product teams to gain the knowledge required to write test plans for new or improved features.
* Understanding and staying current on the scope and limitations of automated test coverage provided by developers as they add new features or fix bugs.
* Helping develop new artificial datasets for testing and demonstration purposes.
* Setting up, managing, and tearing down test clusters.
* Helping us manage our monthly release process.
* Participating in stand-up and planning meetings.
* Keeping an eye on continuous integration.
* Helping us tend the bug backlog in JIRA.
* 2+ years professional experience in desktop browser-based testing of complex web applications.
* BS degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
* On the job experience using bug tracking tools (such as JIRA) and source code control tools (such as git).
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Self-motivated and a team player.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Familiarity with Linux command line tools.
* Familiarity with cloud platforms such as Azure and AWS is a plus.
* Ability and willingness to contribute to the baseline automated test coverage provided by Development is a plus.
* Experience testing data analytics software is a big plus.
* Experience with performance and scalability testing of web applications is also a big plus.
Analyze billions of events in seconds to understand how customers behave and products are used.